Options

C.68

ultravoxultravox Registered Users Posts: 776 Major grins
edited July 5, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Hi, please C&C .
Thank you.
Cristian.
[SIZE=-1]It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. - John Lennon.[/SIZE]

Comments

• Options
    CharbuCharbu Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    Great idea, and a nice shot. There's nothing about this photo I would change. clap.gif
  • Options
    TomaSTomaS Registered Users Posts: 314 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    It's blurry all right - I just do not find it especially interesting. What is the intent / point? Sorry....:snore
  • Options
    CharbuCharbu Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    TomaS wrote:
    It's blurry all right - I just do not find it especially interesting. What is the intent / point? Sorry....:snore

TomaS must be a youngster. For me the point is remembering all the great songs of my youth that I use to listen too on my vinyl records. Those blurry nights gone by, if you catch my meaning. :):
  • Options
    sayntbrigidsayntbrigid Registered Users Posts: 381 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    I like the record, I like the orange reflection on the chrome.... and I think I would like it even better if you maybe added a peach mask to make the boring beige part of the player look like the orange reflection is cast across it????

just a thought clap.gifclap
    True happiness is wanting what you have
    http://avatars.imvu.com/sayntbrigidii
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    This is really cool. Kind of like a jump into yesteryear. I would change only one thing in this image - a slightly faster shutter speed so we can see just some of the timing marks on the turntable. And, if you do that, focus on the edge of the turntable rather then the timing light. Here, they are blurred into oblivion. I would at least give it a shot. The composition is absolutely great.
  • Options
    ultravoxultravox Registered Users Posts: 776 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    Thanks all for your C&C.
    Charbu, TomaS may be a youngster... but its his POV, tks both of you.
    Scott, any better?
    Cristian.
    [SIZE=-1]It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. - John Lennon.[/SIZE]
  • Options
    KodachromeKodachrome Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    ultravox wrote:
    Thanks all for your C&C.
    Charbu, TomaS may be a youngster... but its his POV, tks both of you.
    Scott, any better?

Yes great response to the previous suggestion of increased shutter speed...it is fabulous to see instruction being listened to and turning out great...for me another editiorial photograph...the digital age in the timing marks meets the old vinal is classic ...Good Work!

The second version has my vote...
  • Options
    cabbeycabbey Registered Users Posts: 1,053 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2006
    The second version is definently better, for those that haven't touched a record in ages the first version was pretty much blurred too much... that sleek polished look that the timing marks dissolved into just looked "right". I looked at that at first and didn't think there was any blur at all, it just looked like a polished surface. Only later did my mind go "hey idiot, there's something not right about that image!". The faster shutter speed let us see enough of the timing marks to have the brain go "hmm... looks like 33 1/3." :D
    SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
    http://wall-art.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    SpeshulEdSpeshulEd Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2006
    I dig it! Is it possible to fit the needle into the picture at all - that'd probably mess up the composition though. ne_nau.gif
    bored? check out my photo site...and if you have the time, leave a comment or rate some pictures while you're there.
    Canon 20D | Canon 17-40mm f/4L USM | Tamron 28-75 f2.8 XR Di LD IF | Canon 50mm f/1.8 II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM
  • Options
    twinbnjtwinbnj Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2006
    a blur down memorey lane ---- works for me. Nice idea and shot well.