edited July 5, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Trying to decide between these two shots from yesterday's race in Indy

79247592-L.jpg

or this one

79248012-L.jpg

Comments

• vangoghvangogh Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    I would say the bottom one. The blurry bit of the person in muber one is too distracting
    Nicola
    Iconic Creative
    http://iconiccreative.smugmug.com

"To be creative means the ability to remain thirsty and to want more, never be content...you keep on seeing, discovering and understanding the joy of creativity"
    Raghu Rai
  • CharbuCharbu Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    vangogh wrote:
    I would say the bottom one. The blurry bit of the person in muber one is too distracting

15524779-Ti.gif
  • trossnageltrossnagel Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    bottom one! Nice shot....
  • sayntbrigidsayntbrigid Registered Users Posts: 381 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    Yeah, I agree, bottom one clap.gifclap
    True happiness is wanting what you have
    http://avatars.imvu.com/sayntbrigidii
  • KodachromeKodachrome Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    zevy wrote:
    Trying to decide between these two shots from yesterday's race in Indy

79247592-L.jpg
    /quote]

It is interesting that the folks would choose the full car shot...I like this first one really cool...it might be my editorial passion for pics that tell a story...the large human presence in this shot "Mam and Machine" comes to mind...for me Number 1.
  • cabbeycabbey Registered Users Posts: 1,053 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2006
    79247592-Ti.jpg

Personally, I'd go for that one. Reason being that the blur really makes the subject standout, simply because it's the only thing not blurred. The people in the back of the other shot aren't blurred very wide, which doesn't give much of a feeling of speed. The rails in the background of this shot however, since they blur in the direction of the rails, amplify the feeling of speed. The result is that it looks like it was a much longer exposure than it was... heck, I was about to compliment you on your immense tracking ability... then I looked at the exif. :) 1/2000th makes it a lot easier to track. Excellent shoot.
    SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
    http://wall-art.smugmug.com/
  • adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2006
    I'm with Cabbey, the human side is good - he seems to be watching very intensly. Oddly enough I find the fence in the second too distracting (wrong type of blur rolleyes1.gif ).

Can you sharpen the car a touch? There's enough blur elsewhere in the shot.
    cabbey wrote:
    79247592-Ti.jpg

Personally, I'd go for that one. Reason being that the blur really makes the subject standout, simply because it's the only thing not blurred. The people in the back of the other shot aren't blurred very wide, which doesn't give much of a feeling of speed. The rails in the background of this shot however, since they blur in the direction of the rails, amplify the feeling of speed. The result is that it looks like it was a much longer exposure than it was... heck, I was about to compliment you on your immense tracking ability... then I looked at the exif. :) 1/2000th makes it a lot easier to track. Excellent shoot.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • cabbeycabbey Registered Users Posts: 1,053 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2006
    adrian_k wrote:
    I'm with Cabbey, the human side is good - he seems to be watching very intensly.

Oh my, that's a person?! For some reason I looked at that and thought it was just a small section of detail on another car on the track! where's that eyechart smiley when I need him?
    SmugMug Sorcerer - Engineering Team Champion for Commerce, Finance, Security, and Data Support
    http://wall-art.smugmug.com/
  • adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2006
    rolleyes1.gif I think you're right!

I just looked at it originally and thought that was a marshall's head and shoulders!!
    :uhoh
    cabbey wrote:
    Oh my, that's a person?! For some reason I looked at that and thought it was just a small section of detail on another car on the track! where's that eyechart smiley when I need him?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....
  • KodachromeKodachrome Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited July 5, 2006
    ...I'm confused
    adrian wrote:
    _kI think you're right!I just looked at it originally and thought that was a marshall's head and shoulders!!

...it doesn't take much to confuse me these days...is it a person?