print problem

dogwooddogwood pixel hackPosts: 2,572Registered Users Major grins
edited July 3, 2006 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I just had an order from a customer who was able to order 4x6 matte photos from this gallery:

http://petespringer.smugmug.com/gallery/1557214

Only problem is in the custom pro pricing, I'm not offering 4x6 matte photos! The smallest size I offer is 5x7 in lustre (I only offer lustre prints).

Yikes-- any help would be appreciated!

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
website blog instagram facebook g+

Comments

  • dogwooddogwood pixel hack Posts: 2,572Registered Users Major grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    well...
    I just went in to the custom print pricing and added a zero in each field for the 4x6's (even though there wasn't a price there in the first place) and this seemed to fix the problem on this gallery-- 4x6's are no longer available.

    But I still have a concern-- why were they ever available?

    And what do I do with the customer who is going to get several 4x6's on matte paper-- when really the smallest size she should have been able to order was 5x7 on lustre?

    Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

  • AndyAndy Bicameral New YorkPosts: 50,151Registered Users Major grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    dogwood wrote:
    I just went in to the custom print pricing and added a zero in each field for the 4x6's (even though there wasn't a price there in the first place) and this seemed to fix the problem on this gallery-- 4x6's are no longer available.

    But I still have a concern-- why were they ever available?

    And what do I do with the customer who is going to get several 4x6's on matte paper-- when really the smallest size she should have been able to order was 5x7 on lustre?
    They were available b/c you hadn't zerod them out.
    Have your customer contact us, we'll gladly ship them the items they should have been ordering no problemo
  • dogwooddogwood pixel hack Posts: 2,572Registered Users Major grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    hmmm...
    Andy:

    I'll take your word for it about the zeroing out. What's very, very, very strange though is EVERYTHING else I didn't want available was zeroed out AND the 4x6's didn't show up as for sale under the custom pro pricing list-- while everything else I specified did show up.

    I'll admit I didn't log-out and then check my pricing/prints as a customer would view them (as I think Smugmug recommends). So I'm not blaming smugmug.

    In this case, it's not a matter of what the customer wanted (they usually don't know the difference between matte & lustre, 4x6 or 5x7, they just look at prices in my experience), it's a matter of what I wanted to offer the customer. I know lustre 5x7's look a whole lot better than matte 4x6's. She knows matte 4x6's are cheaper than lustre 5x7's.

    Anyway, she just placed her order this morning-- I'll tell her to contact smugmug but my guess is she's not going to want to spend the time cancelling her order and placing another one so she can pay more for 5x7's (even if they'll look better-- she's not a photographer like us who consider print quality crucial)!

    Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

  • AndyAndy Bicameral New YorkPosts: 50,151Registered Users Major grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    dogwood wrote:
    but my guess is she's not going to want to spend the time cancelling her order and placing another one so she can pay more for 5x7's (even if they'll look better-- she's not a photographer like us who consider print quality crucial)!

    She doesn't have to do anything. Send us the order number and we'll send along 5x7s at NO CHARGE.
  • dogwooddogwood pixel hack Posts: 2,572Registered Users Major grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    thank you
    Andy wrote:
    She doesn't have to do anything. Send us the order number and we'll send along 5x7s at NO CHARGE.

    Andy:

    Order # 142702

    If you could send four 5x7's on lustre instead of the four 4x6's on matte, that would be awesome. thumb.gif

    And I swear I'll double, double-check my pricing and zero everything not for sale in the future. :D

    Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

  • AndyAndy Bicameral New YorkPosts: 50,151Registered Users Major grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    dogwood wrote:
    Andy:

    Order # 142702

    If you could send four 5x7's on lustre instead of the four 4x6's on matte, that would be awesome. thumb.gif

    And I swear I'll double, double-check my pricing and zero everything not for sale in the future. :D
    No worries, Pete. It's all done. Tell your customer that the 5x7s are coming, order number is 142881 should they need to inquire. There's no charge for this service, it's all part of the SmugMug Guarantee
    http://www.smugmug.com/prints/our-guarantee.mg

    wave.gif
Sign In or Register to comment.