79284866-L.jpg
www.simplyathos.com

Gear
*Canon 40D: 17-55IS - 70-300IS - 100mm Macro - Sigma 10-20EX
*Imagination

Comments

• Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    I like this shot a lot. I have a similar project in mind and I have found a perfect place already - all I need is a perfect stranger to say yes.

Anyway, coming back to your photo - what if the light was on her face and the flower only?
  • thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2006
    I think this shot is very interesting and very artsy. You can look at it for quiet a while. The metalic sheen on the dress and the bright flower.
    I think you took the color out of the background, is that correct? It seems like it to me because the person seems to put out in a very 3D kind of way. It's slightly distracting and it just means a softer edge when cutting the color parts out. Of course, it took me a while to notice, so its not that much of a problem.
    Very good job.
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • athosathos Registered Users Posts: 237 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2006
    thanks,

the light on her face only would be very cool. i havent learned how to control flash like that or if it is possible. i suppose if i had some lighting source besides a flash it would be possible. i had a small reflector but it couldnt catch enough light to illuminate her face from that spot.

yes i did use selective color and desaturate a lot of the background color, im thikin of putting some more back in, but definitely not all.

i wish that black thing on the left wasnt there, but that was the only part of the wall that had that curved pipe in it, and i wanted that.
    www.simplyathos.com

Gear
    *Canon 40D: 17-55IS - 70-300IS - 100mm Macro - Sigma 10-20EX
    *Imagination