79296490-L.jpg

79297228-L.jpg

79297547-L.jpg

79297893-L.jpg

Thanks for taking a look.

Comments

• CharbuCharbu Registered Users Posts: 78 Big grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    I like #4. The quality of the blur on the blades is good and I get a desolate feeling from the photo as I can't see the roads very good. It's like the wind turbines are out there all alone going round-n-round.
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    Hey, Kendall.

I don't like the ones that are in isolation as much as the ones with the ground in the shot. I think you need the context. I also think you've gotta be careful with the clouds, as the fins get lost in there. Having said all that, I like the fourth one best, I think. It's close between the two, though.

It's hot where I am, can't imagine what you're going through in Mojave...
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    DavidTO wrote:
    Hey, Kendall.

I don't like the ones that are in isolation as much as the ones with the ground in the shot. I think you need the context. I also think you've gotta be careful with the clouds, as the fins get lost in there. Having said all that, I like the fourth one best, I think. It's close between the two, though.

Hey David. Yeah, it's HOT here. I think my therm says about 105 outside right now. blah.

As for the photos, they were taken on the back road up to Tehachepi this morning. I'm not really happy with them. Couldn't get the right sky, light, angle, etc. etc. double blah. Plus, my sensor was amazingly dirty...so I had to blot out a bunch of spots. Man...I haven't done this for a while I guess. headscratch.gif

Anyway, good to hear from you. I hope things are going well down there in TO.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    Hi Kendall!
    DavidTO wrote:
    Hey, Kendall.

I pretty much with David on all points, including #4 and Mojave...:D
    Nice idea though... Rather unique, and since you have them so near, I'd go with it. I just wonder, what it would be like on sunrise/sunset?

Good to hear from you! :):
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    aero-nut wrote:
    As for the photos, they were taken on the back road up to Tehachepi this morning. I'm not really happy with them. Couldn't get the right sky, light, angle, etc. etc. double blah. headscratch.gif.

I am glad that you are not happy with the pixs because I know you can do better. I don't think you've really thought out what you're trying to convey/communicate with the shot(s). In the close-ups the man-made machine is competing ... pretty much equally, with the God made clouds ... keep thinking and shooting ... and soon you will have a mental image of the shot you desire ... then go out and replicate what you see in your mind's eye to the camera's eye. Trial and error is very good in photography .. as Mao said, "... One does not learn from their successes..."

Can't read your mind ... but how about something at night??? Maybe even a little light painting of the desert with a spot light... just a thought ... Good luck.

PS- These shots aren't that bad ... but I feel similarly as yourself that the shots just don't "knock-you-off-your-feet" powerful ... but the subject is there, you just have to figure out how or what to capture.
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • sayntbrigidsayntbrigid Registered Users Posts: 381 Major grins
    edited July 3, 2006
    I am picturing the first one with the ground and mills in color and the sky in black and white....or visa versa? I like the optical pull of that one....just a couple thoughts clap.gifclapclap.gif
    True happiness is wanting what you have
    http://avatars.imvu.com/sayntbrigidii
  • aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    Thanks for the comments, all.
  • KodachromeKodachrome Registered Users Posts: 47 Big grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    aero-nut wrote:
    Ok, sure..I'll have a go at it...
    Wind Power in Motion
    79297893-L.jpg

...yes definately the last one for me...and I would use some artistic license and photo shot all signs of human life...roads etc...just those mills going round can have some power statements to make...also more contrast would snap the photo up...great fun!