need some urgent processing help please guys

gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
edited July 4, 2006 in Finishing School

Comments

• luke_churchluke_church Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    It sounds to me like you might have been overwritting your files, and for some reason the Windows thumbnail cache hasn't kept up.

First, to regain your sanity, I would find the (hidden) file in the folder called 'thumbs.db' and delete it. Then close explorer and open it, this will force Windows to regenerate the thumbnail cache.

You're lucky in the sense that Photoshop marks JPEG files it saves in the EXIF data, so if you right click, properties, Summary/Advanced (Sorry, I'm at work, can't remember off the top of my head), you should see that the files Photoshop has saved have Application Photoshop CS2 or something in the EXIF.

You could also use sort by date modified to work out when stuff got changed.

I would seriously consider re-engineering your workflow so that you protect the original files, esp. if you want to start saving processed files into the same folder.

One of the nice things about RAW is that Photoshop considers the files to be immutable.

Hope this helps, if not, get back to me and I'll try to think up some other things...

Luke
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2006
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2006
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    gus wrote:
    The fix !!

1/ Select the shots that are doggo

2/ Once selected..just 'right click' & choose 'refresh thumbnails'

thaaaat easy.

Hoorya for you Gus........ bet your real happy now :D ... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin