Need help/advice in organizing my page (catagories, subcatagories)

eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
edited July 4, 2006 in SmugMug Support
So I use my smugmug account for hosting photos of my son as well as landscape/travel shots. My parents were complaining the other day that they want to see his photos organized by month rather than having a single gallery with his name (Asher) and 400+ photos to scroll through.
Fair enough I thought and spent the past few hours trying to figure out how to do this without having to re-upload all the photos. I created a new Category "Asher" and then made subcatagories - "July 2006", "June 2006", etc. When I try to customize the original Asher gallery (currently under the catagory Children), I can only add a single subcatagory to the entire gallery. Also, there is no way to move photos to a specific subcatagory.
Do I need to create new galleries with the month as title and then put these under the catagory "Asher" and subcatagory of the date? Is the subcatagory even needed in that case? Will this still look "clean" on my homepage or will it be crowded with all of these new galleries if I'm under gallery view?
Thanks in advance,
E

eoren1.smugmug.com

Comments