Gay Pride in Madrid

RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
edited July 8, 2006 in People
After looking at isogood's thread from Paris, I thought I might share a few more from Madrid.

79423780-L.jpg

The turnout was enormous, but naturally accurate numbers were impossible to find. Hundreds of thousands for sure. This was the Gran Via, downtown Madrid's largest commercial street:

79424536-L.jpg

Traditional costume:
79423852-L.jpg
And some more extravagant ones as well:

79423347-L.jpg

As usual, the contrasts were striking:

79423717-L.jpg

Hope you enjoyed these. There are more in my New Pics gallery. Parental discretion is advised. :wink

Cheers,

Comments

• gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2006
    Looks pretty interesting Richard. We have a big parade here each year, maybe I'll check the next one out.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,954 moderator
    edited July 7, 2006
    gluwater wrote:
    Looks pretty interesting Richard. We have a big parade here each year, maybe I'll check the next one out.

Thanks for the comment, Nick. They do offer some interesting photo ops. :D
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2006
    Richard,
    I looked at your gallery and was arrested by your flea market pics. They look sooooo similar to what I used to see back in Russia (and quite different from what I see now here in SoCal:-).
    Thank you for sharing! thumb.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
    edited July 7, 2006
    Nikolai wrote:
    I looked at your gallery and was arrested by your flea market pics. They look sooooo similar to what I used to see back in Russia (and quite different from what I see now here in SoCal:-).
    Thank you for sharing! thumb.gif

Glad you enjoyed them, Nik. I try to shoot there every month or so. Fascinating scene.
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited July 7, 2006
    richard-

most excellent! (including the new pic gallery!)-

hah!-

tangerine dream!-

I'll leave it alone-

best
    george
    edited July 7, 2006
    do me a favor and go to mardi gras nola next year-

I'd rather see the other kind of chests-
    edited July 7, 2006
    Thanks, George. Glad you liked them.
    gefillmore wrote:
    richard-
    hah!-
    tangerine dream!-
    I'll leave it alone-
    george
    That's only because you can't come up with a pun on tangerine. blbl.gif

New Orleans sounds like a great idea to me. thumb.gif

Cheers,
    edited July 7, 2006
    tangerine dreams-

once I used to eat tangerines

one was so bad it gave me gangerine

the doc said 'change your diet'

I, in reply, said 'alright'

so now all I dream of are orangereens-
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited July 7, 2006
    Always enjoy your images Richard. Thanks for sharing.

I was viewing some of your galleries and I'm wondering, how did you set the pages so they don't scroll each time you click "next"?

On my site, with every new image you have to reset the page by scrolling up to see the whole image. Grrrrrrrr.
    edited July 8, 2006
    Angelo wrote:
    Always enjoy your images Richard. Thanks for sharing.

I was viewing some of your galleries and I'm wondering, how did you set the pages so they don't scroll each time you click "next"?

On my site, with every new image you have to reset the page by scrolling up to see the whole image. Grrrrrrrr.
    Hey Angelo,

Glad you liked my stuff. Thanks. thumb.gif

Regarding my site, I haven't done anything at all that should affect scrolling. In fact about the only customization I have done is to change that ugly green font to a different color. I looked at yours but did not see a scrolling problem either. headscratch.gif My screen is pretty high resolution (1600 x 1200) so that may have something to do with what I am seeing. But even when the whole page does not fit on the screen, it stays at the top and the image is completely visible. I'm sure one of the HTML guys here could figure it out. The biggest difference I see between our sites is that I don't have header or footer graphics. As a test you might try eliminating those graphics and if the problem goes away, then you could experiment with re-sizing them. Just a thought.

Regards,
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited July 8, 2006
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    Hey Angelo,

Glad you liked my stuff. Thanks. thumb.gif

Regarding my site, I haven't done anything at all that should affect scrolling. In fact about the only customization I have done is to change that ugly green font to a different color. I looked at yours but did not see a scrolling problem either. headscratch.gif My screen is pretty high resolution (1600 x 1200) so that may have something to do with what I am seeing. But even when the whole page does not fit on the screen, it stays at the top and the image is completely visible. I'm sure one of the HTML guys here could figure it out. The biggest difference I see between our sites is that I don't have header or footer graphics. As a test you might try eliminating those graphics and if the problem goes away, then you could experiment with re-sizing them. Just a thought.

Regards,

hmmmm, that may be it. Thanks.