July 4th Site Status

mkress65mkress65 Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
edited July 4, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Hi -- just recently logged in to my site and saw my gallery stats. Tried to go to another page and got a "sorry we can't connect" error from IE. Tried again and got to my control panel only to find all the stats gone. I'm not a pro, so its not a big deal, but thought I'd see if this is only my problem or if its something that everyone is seeing :dunno

Thanks,

Matt

Comments

• THE TOUCHTHE TOUCH Registered Users Posts: 535 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    mkress65 wrote:
    Hi -- just recently logged in to my site and saw my gallery stats. Tried to go to another page and got a "sorry we can't connect" error from IE. Tried again and got to my control panel only to find all the stats gone. I'm not a pro, so its not a big deal, but thought I'd see if this is only my problem or if its something that everyone is seeing ne_nau.gif

Thanks,

Matt

My stats are gone as well. umph.gif
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein :bash

- Kevin
  • photofreakphotofreak Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    STATS ARE GONE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!! I'm PISSED
    THE TOUCH wrote:
    My stats are gone as well. umph.gif
    MY STATS ARE GONE!!!!!!!!!!!! There is nothing...no notice or anything!!!!
    I am a professional and rely HEAVILY on those stats!!!!!:bash :bash :bash
    Mandi
    I even emailed smugmug and there is no reply!!!!!!
    www.mandraleephotography.com
    Mandi :shay

Life is a compromise of what your ego wants to do, what experience tells you to do, and what your nerves let you do.
  • Karenl39Karenl39 Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    Everything is soooooo slow today.
  • zerobuttonszerobuttons Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    mkress65 wrote:
    Hi -- just recently logged in to my site and saw my gallery stats.
    It seems to me that both the SmugMug main site and all the gallery sites are hard to get through to, right now. I experience the vanishing of stats too.

It would be nice with a message from the SmugMug supporters about what´s going on.

Best regards,
    David List
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    photofreak wrote:
    MY STATS ARE GONE!!!!!!!!!!!! There is nothing...no notice or anything!!!!
    I am a professional and rely HEAVILY on those stats!!!!!:bash :bash :bash
    Mandi
    I even emailed smugmug and there is no reply!!!!!!
    Ouch. Hi Mandi, Please standby, while we work on the problem.

Mandi, you did in fact get a reply from us, 23 minutes after you mailed it. I responded to you myself. If you need me to post a copy of it, I'll be happy to. We're open and responding to help mail 365 days a year, even holidays.

Thanks in advance for your patience.
    edited July 4, 2006
    Hi folks,

Sorry for the trouble right now. Our Director of Ops is on the case, and HQ is aware and they're working on the problem. More as we get it.
  • dlobeldlobel Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    Hey Andy,

Happy Fourth!

Just as an FYI, my ISP manages our servers in real-time and generates messages when they can't "find" our servers (they use SiteScopr). This is how they (and I'm sure most ISP's) manage their clients' uptime.

Anyway, they manage www.visionlinkimages.com as a "seperate" server not knowing, because of DNS (CNAME), it points to your SM servers. At least once a day, and quite often, more than once, I receive a warning: "Time out reading http://www.visionlinkimages.com".

-Dave-
    Andy wrote:
    Hi folks,

Sorry for the trouble right now. Our Director of Ops is on the case, and HQ is aware and they're working on the problem. More as we get it.
  • greenpeagreenpea Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    Just to add to the July 4th Site Status issues. I can't seem to get to my site through initialphotography.smugmug.com.

I can, however, view my site at www.initialphotography.com, but that isn't where it redirects you when you log in.

The problem appears to be limited to my home page at initialphotography.smugmug.com, because I can get in if I go in one level below the home page (i.e. initialphotography.smugmug.com/Galleries) . eek7.gif

So right now, to get to my control panel, I have to log in, then give the full URL to one of my galleries or categories.

-Greenpea
    Andrew
    initialphotography.smugmug.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera" - Dorothea Lange
    edited July 4, 2006
    HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY ANDY!!! rolleyes1.gif

So much for SmugMug enjoying the holiday, huh!?ne_nau.gif

Andy wrote:

Mandi, you did in fact get a reply from us, 23 minutes after you mailed it. I responded to you myself. If you need me to post a copy of it, I'll be happy to. We're open and responding to help mail 365 days a year, even holidays.

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein :bash

- Kevin
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    I can't get any pages to load on there presently, hopefully it won't take too long to fix!

Thankfully I'll just worry about prepping more of my honeymoon pics for upload for whenever the site is back up rather than fretting over not being able to upload *some* at the moment. Maybe by the time I have them all ready to go the site will be back up.
  • bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 4, 2006
    Shima wrote:
    I can't get any pages to load on there presently, hopefully it won't take too long to fix!

Thankfully I'll just worry about prepping more of my honeymoon pics for upload for whenever the site is back up rather than fretting over not being able to upload *some* at the moment. Maybe by the time I have them all ready to go the site will be back up.
    congrats shima...you need to change your sig :D
    Pedal faster
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    bigwebguy wrote:
    congrats shima...you need to change your sig :D

One step ahead of you, did it right after making the post. Thanks! :)
  • dugmardugmar Registered Users Posts: 756 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    Any idea how long this slow condition will last, Andy?
    edited July 4, 2006
    dugmar wrote:
    Any idea how long this slow condition will last, Andy?
    I do not, and I'm terribly sorry for this. Andrew or Don will post when there's more.
  • sberleysberley Registered Users Posts: 26 Big grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    smugmug (and subdomains) DOWN???
    Hi,

I'm now having trouble reaching the smugmug site - intermittant down and I can't get to my (berley.smugmug.com) or other subdomains...

FYI - I hope it's not too hard to fix on a holiday!

Steve
    edited July 4, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    I do not, and I'm terribly sorry for this. Andrew or Don will post when there's more.
    I'm hopeful that it'll be online shortly. Thanks everyone for your patience, please know that the right folks are on the job working on it.
  • mkress65mkress65 Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    looks like its back
    thanks for the timely response Andy (and all!) clap.gif

Matt
    edited July 4, 2006
    mkress65 wrote:
    thanks for the timely response Andy (and all!) clap.gif

Matt
    You are welcome, sorry for the troubles!
    edited July 4, 2006
    Stats should be back to normal, too deal.gif

Thanks everyone, again, for your patience.
    edited July 4, 2006
    YEAH FOR SMUGMUG!clap.gif

Thank you guys! Happy 4th! thumb.gif

- Kevin
  • onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    THE TOUCH wrote:
    YEAH FOR SMUGMUG!clap.gif

Thank you guys! Happy 4th! thumb.gif

It's the 4th? What's that, some sort of holiday? ;)

Don
    edited July 4, 2006
    onethumb wrote:
    It's the 4th? What's that, some sort of holiday? ;)

Don

Yeah really! Just not what it used to be.

Of coarse, I'm not helping by sitting in Starbucks all day, supporting the fact that they're open and working! headscratch.gif

- Kevin
  • photofreakphotofreak Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited July 4, 2006
    Hi Andy....at the time I posted I had not recieved a response. All of you are really very quick to reply to emails and I'd not yet got a reply. Sorry for being so upset...it would be nice to have some kind of a notice or at least an email saying there are problems when this happens. When I go to my stats and expect to see them it is a little disheartening to see no stats and have nothing from Smugmug saying something is going on...I rely so heavily on my stats...just a little frustrating.
    Let me also say...how cool of you to take time out of your holiday weekend to make sure the stat page is back up. And, how cool of you to reply with such level headed responses to people like me who go off the handle and scream at my screen. Thank you, for getting them back up...and forgive me for being "pissed"...just a little frustrating. Also, at the time it wasn't even letting me access my site...was getting an error saying page could not be found.
    Okay...it's 5:00 somewhere...perhaps that beer might taste good right about now.
    Thank you...Thank you...Thank you!!!!
    Mandi
    www.mandraleephotography.com thumb.gifclap.gif

Andy wrote:

Mandi :shay

Life is a compromise of what your ego wants to do, what experience tells you to do, and what your nerves let you do.
    edited July 4, 2006
    photofreak wrote:
    Hi Andy....at the time I posted I had not recieved a response. All of you are really very quick to reply to emails and I'd not yet got a reply. Sorry for being so upset...it would be nice to have some kind of a notice or at least an email saying there are problems when this happens. When I go to my stats and expect to see them it is a little disheartening to see no stats and have nothing from Smugmug saying something is going on...I rely so heavily on my stats...just a little frustrating.
    Let me also say...how cool of you to take time out of your holiday weekend to make sure the stat page is back up. And, how cool of you to reply with such level headed responses to people like me who go off the handle and scream at my screen. Thank you, for getting them back up...and forgive me for being "pissed"...just a little frustrating. Also, at the time it wasn't even letting me access my site...was getting an error saying page could not be found.
    Okay...it's 5:00 somewhere...perhaps that beer might taste good right about now.
    Thank you...Thank you...Thank you!!!!
    Mandi
    www.mandraleephotography.com thumb.gifclap.gif

Mandi: no worries, at all :Dwave.gif have a great holiday

BTW, the reason you don't / won't get an email, is that 9/10 times, by the time an email would be sent, any problem is resolved.