Options

Panorama Maker v 4 & Canon RAW files

mikelouwmikelouw Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited September 9, 2008 in Finishing School
I have a Mac with OSX 10.4.7, and a Canon 5D which produces .CS2 Raw files. I have tried to use Panorama Maker v 4 (www.arcsoft.com) to stitch panoramas, but PM can't see my CS2 files at all (they completely fail to show up in the PM file window), even though Arcsoft claims to support Canon Raw files.

I contacted Arcsoft tech support, and they said my CS2 files are not of the usual format , whatever that means. All my other imaging software (Photoshop CS2, Capture One LE, and DxO Optics Pro) has no problem opening the .CS2 files. Has anyone else had a similar problem with Panorama Maker and Canon CS2 files?

Mike

Comments

• Options
    mikelouwmikelouw Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited July 5, 2006
    The plot thickens! On my Power Mac G5 with OS X 10.4.7 and Panorama Maker v 4, in summary:

PM cannot see these files: 1. ANY Raw files on the Mac. 2. Any .dng files on the Mac.

It also cannot see any TIFF files converted from .CS2 or . DNG and saved in Mac byte order, but it CAN see TIFF files converted from .CS2 or .DNG and saved in IBM PC byte order.

It would appear that PM is not entirely Mac compatible! They have some work to do....

Anyone using Panorama Maker v 4 on a PC able to see Canon CS2 Raw files or Adobe DNG files?
  • Options
    BladeFlapBladeFlap Registered Users Posts: 50 Big grins
    edited September 9, 2008
    Bump for a subject I'd like some more feedback on.
    Any Panorama Maker 4 users having good results with Macs and Raw Canon files?