Adding logo to each image...

THE TOUCHTHE TOUCH Registered Users Posts: 535 Major grins
edited July 10, 2006 in Finishing School
Is there an easy way to add a logo or copyright info to multiple pictures?

Here's a sample of what I would like to do -

79569690-M.jpg

I don't plan on doing this to all images, only in certain cases.

Any comments or concerns would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein :bash

- Kevin

Comments

• bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2006
    You could create an action as long as the images are of the same orientation and you want the logo in the same location on each pic. You could do one for Horizontal and one for Vertical.

Also you should create the text/logo and save as a Photoshop file with layers, if you have photoshop (I assume you do). And then flatten and save as one layer also with the text/logo showing but the rest of the layer transparent. Before recording the action, have the flatten text/logo open the whole canvas selected (Ctrl A) and copied to the clipboard (Ctrl C). Begin recording your action you open a file, then paste (Ctrl V) to paste the text, then save, then close. Stop recording, put all the files of the same orienatition in a folder. Then go to automate batch, and choose from a folder and to a folder and override save as command.

Its late and I may have butchered a few steps so if it doesn't work let me know. This will probably at least get you going in the correct direction. Hope it helps.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2006
    What bham said
    Or, if you want get real fancy, you can use JavaScript (or VBScript) capabilities of PS CS2, but it's a bit more complicated than doing it in action or with the "overlay" images (again, in actions). The benefit of the script appoach is that you can control position/size of the log automatically, simply based on the size/shape of the document.
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • THE TOUCHTHE TOUCH Registered Users Posts: 535 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2006
    Oh My.

I don't seem to have actions. I forgot to mention - I have PSElements 4.0.

I usually open up ~20 images at one time, then edit and save one by one. I haven't worked with layers much so - is it possible to keep the layers in the layers bin from photo to photo and just add the layer manually?

Thanks bham and Nikolai!
    Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein :bash

- Kevin
    edited July 5, 2006
    Kevin,
    THE TOUCH wrote:
    Oh My.

I don't seem to have actions. I forgot to mention - I have PSElements 4.0.

I usually open up ~20 images at one time, then edit and save one by one. I haven't worked with layers much so - is it possible to keep the layers in the layers bin from photo to photo and just add the layer manually?

Thanks bham and Nikolai!

To my shame, I have no idea about the PSE ne_nau.gif I bought 2.0 at a time (two years ago), immediately realized that I'm missing on the most powerful features of the PS and then decided to bite the bullet and got CS.

I guess you still would be able to save your logo images separately, and then just load them along with the bundle and then simply copy them over each target image.

Good luck! thumb.gif
  • johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2006
    Make a paintbrush image... Then you can adjust the size of the brush.

peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
    johno's gallery
    edited July 5, 2006
    Johno - can you give a little more detail...I'm not sure I follow.thumb.gif
    johno wrote:
    Make a paintbrush image... Then you can adjust the size of the brush.

peace.
    johno~

- Kevin
    edited July 5, 2006
    Kevin,
    THE TOUCH wrote:
    Johno - can you give a little more detail...I'm not sure I follow.thumb.gif

Since you want a multicolored logo, it may not be good for you ne_nau.gif
    I'm also not sure if PSE allows custom brushes...headscratch.gif
  • nikosnikos Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2006
    Try Russell Brown's method
    I use Russell Brown's method of branding my online images and it does a great job. I always batch process my images using the 'image processor' and after Adobe is done, I just upload them to smugmug.

Here's the direct link to Russell Brown's QT video:
    http://av.adobe.com/russellbrown/BrandingSM.mov

Here's the link to all his tutorials:
    http://www.russellbrown.com/tips_tech.html
    edited July 5, 2006
    nikos wrote:
    I use Russell Brown's method of branding my online images and it does a great job. I always batch process my images using the 'image processor' and after Adobe is done, I just upload them to smugmug.

Here's the direct link to Russell Brown's QT video:
    http://av.adobe.com/russellbrown/BrandingSM.mov

Here's the link to all his tutorials:
    http://www.russellbrown.com/tips_tech.html

Nikos - thanks for the links!

Sounds like it's just what I need, except I can't do actions. :cry I haven't found a reason to move up to CS but this may be a good one!

- Kevin
    edited July 6, 2006
    OK... I'm still up so I'll write this out.

1. Open a new image by going to File>New. Any size will do, as long as it's not to small.
    2. Choose type tool. Click on image and type logo, copyright, etc.
    3. Hide background layer. Make sure your type layer is still selected.
    4. Go to Select>Color Range. Move the "Fuzziness slider all the way to 200 and click OK
    5. Choose Edit>Define Brush Preset. Give the brush a name. IE "My Logo" Click OK
    6. To use your brush, click brush tool (type B) Then open brushes "F5" or Windows>Brushes and scroll down to see you new brush... You can change sizes of the brush, color, etc.

Hope this is clear enough.

peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 50mm 1.4

blog
    johno's gallery
    edited July 6, 2006
    Thanks johno! I'll give it a try tomorrow. Too late to think!:D

Hope all is well.

johno wrote:
    OK... I'm still up so I'll write this out.

1. Open a new image by going to File>New. Any size will do, as long as it's not to small.
    2. Choose type tool. Click on image and type logo, copyright, etc.
    3. Hide background layer. Make sure your type layer is still selected.
    4. Go to Select>Color Range. Move the "Fuzziness slider all the way to 200 and click OK
    5. Choose Edit>Define Brush Preset. Give the brush a name. IE "My Logo" Click OK
    6. To use your brush, click brush tool (type B) Then open brushes "F5" or Windows>Brushes and scroll down to see you new brush... You can change sizes of the brush, color, etc.

Hope this is clear enough.

peace.
    johno~

- Kevin
    edited July 6, 2006
    Here's a sample I did...

79873104-M.jpg

BTW, here's the info long over due... Sorry for taking so long brother.

Willie Sanchez - youth minister
    http://westsidelife.org/
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 50mm 1.4

blog
    johno's gallery
  • bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2006
    If you want to do one layer and copy that layer to multiple images you should be able to drag the layer from one image to the next. So if you have 10 images open and you create the watermark in one on a layer then you drag it to each of the other 9. It maybe quicker than the brush, but not sure. Just an idea.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me