Ekaterina and Nastya (2 img)

Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
edited July 5, 2006 in People
Priviet, dear friends!
I was asked a lot of times - what 'secret' do I have to find 'models' for my photos. Here's a last story.
I was waiting for 30x45 cm prints at lab. And saw these young ladies there. When I got my prints, I had to look at the results and Katya and Nastya (theirs names) saw my photos too.. They were waitng for prints and I asked them to pose for me. Told about Internet Forums, about my site. They agreed... We went to the nearest park and I took about 50 shots there. These girls are 17 and they are fond of photography too, but doing their first steps. I promised to present them CD with original (for their practice in PS), some edited photos and prepaired for 30x45 cm prints.
Here's two of results:
1 Ekaterina
4055.jpg
2 Nastya
4056.jpg
BTW I asked them - why did they agreed to go with me - (Oh, sometimes I feel myself like a maniac). They said that they were wishing to be photographed that day, they took their camera and tried to make some shots and here I came...
Thats a story.
--
Spasibo
Yuri

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2006
    Nice story. I'm sure it will help those of us who wish to do the same and don't quite know where to start.

I really love the B&W image. The conversion is nice (as always), but there's something about her face that is so much than the one in the color image. I think it's the eyes. In the color, they look a little shrouded, hidden. Ekatrina's face looks, to me, to be more open. Just my opinion, for whatever you might think it's worth.
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,078 moderator
    edited July 5, 2006
    When I grow up, I want to be just like "Yuri Pautov".

Fantastic! Awesome! The wide, wrapping light. The smooth tones and textures along with blistering sharpness on the eyes. Shallow DOF with blurred background and close crop.

This is the Yuri stuff I love to see.

I hope they were taking copious notes so they can share here and reveal an independent perspective of your methods.

Thanks so much,

ziggy53
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums