Blur - darn P&S camera

StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
edited July 5, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
My older son and I went to Six Flags the other day, and I took my younger son's Sony P&S (not wanting to tote my "real" camera around the hot park all day). I hoped to get a couple of shots for the challenge, but the dang thing just kept working too well - from point of view of their expected customer/user. The thing was just too smart ;-)

The menus just didn't give me enough control to force a long enough shutter to get the shots I wanted; this is the "best" I could get...

79655335-L.jpg

SONY DSC-S40
2006-07-03T14:38
f/3.5
iso 80
no shutter speed captured by camera in EXIF :uhoh

Comments

• juliejulesjuliejules Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2006
    It's not bad! The composition is very nice. The riders are somewhat blurry. They are a little dark though.
    --juliejules
    http://www.juliejules.com
    Canon 70D, Canon EF 24-105mm F4L IS, Canon EF 16-35mm F2.8L, Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS USM, Canon Ext 1.4x II, SpeedLite 430EX
  • StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2006
    juliejules wrote:
    It's not bad! The composition is very nice. The riders are somewhat blurry. They are a little dark though.
    true. I guess I was hoping for a bit more motion to be evident in the blur. To me it just looks like they're shaking, not really moving along the track.
    thanks for the feedback
  • colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2006
    Just to be clear, the problem isn't that it was a point-and-shoot. It was that the camera didn't have more manual controls. A P&S that has full manual shutter and aperture control (like my Canon PowerShot) can be more than good enough when the SLR isn't nearby.
  • StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2006
    colourbox wrote:
    Just to be clear, the problem isn't that it was a point-and-shoot.
    Agreed. It's that the camera is smarter than I am rolleyes1.gif