White splotches on some of my images...

Lou GonzalezLou Gonzalez Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
edited July 5, 2006 in SmugMug Support
If you go to : http://www.steadfastdesigns.com/gallery/1631696 , that will take you to a slide show of images I have posted for a client. When I upload images, I always review them to make sure all is well. While reviewing in IE, I saw that a few of my images have white pixely splotches on them (see image number 31, 76, 77, 79 for samples).

They are not on the actual image, but show on some images when in slideshow style (which is the style I prefer). I looked again at my originals and they are clean. When I view the images through Firefox they look fine.

What's the deal? Any idea? It appears it only happens on certain images only in Slidehow style - only in IE. I tried to upload the image again - no change. And when you change the image size, the splotches change.

Weird. :dunno

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2006
    It's a known IE6 Issue, we wish we could do something about it but we can't. You'll see that the small slideshow works great in FF, Safari, and nearly any modern browser. Hopefully Microsoft will fix it in IE7.
  • Lou GonzalezLou Gonzalez Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2006
    Ok, thanks.
    Andy wrote:
    It's a known IE6 Issue, we wish we could do something about it but we can't. You'll see that the small slideshow works great in FF, Safari, and nearly any modern browser. Hopefully Microsoft will fix it in IE7.

It's weird that I haven't seen this before.

As always, thanks Andy.