Mac Uploader 2.0 still broken?

gekkogekko Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited July 5, 2006 in SmugMug Support
A month later, and many of us still can't use the new uploader. Like others, after getting the warning about my system not being "recent enough" for secure login (running 10.4.7, as recent as it gets, so not sure what it could be looking for) I select "continue insecurely", and get a login dialog. But no matter what I enter in the fields (including nothing), when I click OK there's a little flash but nothing happens. It's as if the OK button works, but doesn't do anything. Can we get a status on a fix? Would really like to be able to finally upload captions from iPhoto.

Thanks.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2006
    Hi Gekko,
    Are you using it on an Intel Mac? If so, it's not ready for that platform yet, but you can revert to the V1 uploader by following the link in this thread:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=35821

Andy
  • gekkogekko Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited July 5, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Hi Gekko,
    Are you using it on an Intel Mac? If so, it's not ready for that platform yet, but you can revert to the V1 uploader by following the link in this thread:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=35821

V2 uploader works and works well with PPC Macs - so let us know, please!

Andy

Hi Andy,

No Intel, a dual 2 GHz G5. It may work well on some PPC Macs, but I see at least two other threads on this board noting the same bug.
    edited July 5, 2006
    gekko wrote:
    Hi Andy,

No Intel, a dual 2 GHz G5. It may work well on some PPC Macs, but I see at least two other threads on this board noting the same bug.
    OK can you try deleting com.uploader.smugmug.plist and give it one more try?

Thanks.
  • colourboxcolourbox Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    OK can you try deleting com.uploader.smugmug.plist and give it one more try? Thanks.

I am on a PPC G4 PowerBook and also receive the "system not recent enough" message. I have OS X 10.4.7.

I couldn't find a file called
    com.uploader.smugmug.plist

However, I did delete a file called
    com.smugmug.uploader.plist

but I still get the "system not recent enough" message with the 2.0 uploader.

The old Mac uploader still works perfectly.
    edited July 5, 2006
    colourbox wrote:
    I am on a PPC G4 PowerBook and also receive the "system not recent enough" message. I have OS X 10.4.7.

I couldn't find a file called
    com.uploader.smugmug.plist

However, I did delete a file called
    com.smugmug.uploader.plist

but I still get the "system not recent enough" message with the 2.0 uploader.

The old Mac uploader still works perfectly.

That's the one, I mistyped it before.
    edited July 5, 2006
    I'm gonna ask Ben for an update here. Thanks.
  • gekkogekko Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited July 5, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    OK can you try deleting com.uploader.smugmug.plist and give it one more try?

Thanks.

Found the correctly named plist and deleted it. No change.