ch 68> Smuggy Blur for challenge

wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
edited July 7, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
Well, what do you think?

79936868-L.jpg

I need to do some noise reduction.

Let me have it.
john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
Edward Steichen

Comments

• Options
    edited July 6, 2006
    Smuggy Blur another attempt
    Lots of lookers but no comments.

Probably means a boring shot. So I'll try again:

80021174-L.jpg

Any better? I think so but I like to hear from the experts . . .
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• Options
    BakatBakat Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2006
    I don't know if it fits the challenge but I think it's really cool!
    Kat
    "Photography is not a sport. It has no rules"
    Bill Brandt
  • Options
    JeffroJeffro Registered Users Posts: 1,941 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2006
    Lots of lookers but no comments.

Suck up.....rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

Pretty ineresting, but doesn't really fit my idea of blur either, more of a reflection shot to me....just one mans opinion though, you don't know unless you try I guess. ne_nau.gif
    Always lurking, sometimes participating. :D
  • Options
    SilikSilik Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited July 7, 2006
    I like the second one; the refraction thing makes my eyes blur, that's for sure. :)
  • Options
    edited July 7, 2006
    I don't know. I like the second shot best. I'm pretty happy with the result. But I don't think it fits the chllenge very well. The DOF blur is there but not as the central theme of the shot.

So I modified my first shot and submitted it. I believe it fits the theme better.

80101286-L.jpg
    Suck up.....rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

mwink.gif not specifically intentional. I wanted to do a water droplet shot and thought of using a scene on my monitor as an image to pick up in the droplet reflection/refraction. I was looking at my smugmug page and decided smuggy would be particularly recognizable around here. Anyway, (s)he's kind of cute.
    john w

Edward Steichen

• Options
    sayntbrigidsayntbrigid Registered Users Posts: 381 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2006
    I like it, and you can never tell what the judges are going to think. i always say, if you feel like its what you want to post for the challenge, then post it. Its about the fun of interpreting the challenge with your camera, your eye, and your point of view..........no? clap.gifclapclap.gif
    True happiness is wanting what you have
    http://avatars.imvu.com/sayntbrigidii