Options

Dog Portrait: Merry Chapel

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited November 14, 2004 in People
This may appear to be a bit inane, whatever that means, but it took me two days to get it, and I was lucky that was all. First I had to get her to smile. Then I had to get rid of the two dogs that were messing up the shot, in ps, blur the very distracting background, so I could end up with a portrait to send into a Corgi Calendar that is put out every year. My other dog hams up for the camera, this one either ignores me or eats grass. Just wanted to share my two day project. ginger (Note no snow: green grass of SC)

11264833-L.jpg
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Options
    NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2004
    What a smile!! Great portrait! What month does she get (as in Miss ....)?

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2004
    Nir wrote:
    What a smile!! Great portrait! What month does she get (as in Miss ....)?
    Thanks, Nir. She gets a day. And it is a nail biter right up to the end as to whether the dog is included and what day, etc. A few photos are chosen for the month, and a few "specialties". I got a specialty once.

It is a great calendar, all my Corgi owning friends have their dogs in it, too. It is big, easy to see, easiest calendar I have ever owned........to see from a distance. I have a great dog photo that I don't quite know what to do with. I will enter it, but it would only work on the month or as a specialty. But I would like to do something with this photo.......it is good, imo. I don't know what. I don't have a way to market my shots, I don't have enough to do stock and would not like the pressure of getting enough.

11210554-L.jpg

I have probably posted this before. I took it this summer, probably around August. I was so lucky to grab it, my husband wouldn't let the dogs go back up in the dunes. He is a law abiding citizen. I am more flexible when I have a camera, I tried to get them to go up there again, but no way was he going to let them. The dunes were changed by a storm and had all those fun cliff like places. I did not know til I got home that the shot was really in focus, etc.

I would like to "sell it", share it, but don't know where, or how.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2004
    I did not know til I got home that the shot was really in focus, etc.

I would like to "sell it", share it, but don't know where, or how.

ginger[/QUOTE]

It is a great shot Ginger. Lovely bright colors, really reminds me of summer. Nicely framed with the wooden fence... Just love it.
    I think you have to send it out if you want to do something with it. I know for sure that Webshots was looking for doggie pics.
    I would try magazines about corgies... they should drool over pictures like that.