Getting Galleries to Show

OBrMBOBrMB Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
edited July 6, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I am afraid I am overlooking something very obvious, but I can't figure out what it is. When I go to the link, http://obrien.smugmug.com/ it says I have no gallerys or that they may be private. I don't *think* I marked them as private... What do I have to do to the setup to make them available for viewing for anyone who wants to see them?

Thanks,

OBrMB

Comments

• SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 6, 2006
    OBrMB wrote:
    I am afraid I am overlooking something very obvious, but I can't figure out what it is. When I go to the link, http://obrien.smugmug.com/ it says I have no gallerys or that they may be private. I don't *think* I marked them as private... What do I have to do to the setup to make them available for viewing for anyone who wants to see them?

Thanks,

OBrMB

Welcome to Smugmug and Dgrin!

All your galleries are indeed currently set to be private. If you're logged in, you'll see them. To make them public again, click on "customize" or select "customize gallery" from the < gallery tools >. Then go down to the Security and Privacy section and make sure the Public line is set to "Yes."

Let me know if you need any more help.
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • OBrMBOBrMB Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited July 6, 2006
    Nope not working
    Hi - Thanks for the reply. There are two galleries that I want to show, and both are checked as public. Does the homepage itself have to be marked as 'public' someplace too? (IOW, is that an option that I'm missing?). Does being a member of a community (dpreview) throw things off? Not sure what's going wrong. OBrMB

Sheaf wrote:
    Welcome to Smugmug and Dgrin!

All your galleries are indeed currently set to be private. If you're logged in, you'll see them. To make them public again, click on "customize" or select "customize gallery" from the < gallery tools >. Then go down to the Security and Privacy section and make sure the Public line is set to "Yes."

Let me know if you need any more help.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2006
    OBrMB wrote:
    Hi - Thanks for the reply. There are two galleries that I want to show, and both are checked as public. Does the homepage itself have to be marked as 'public' someplace too? (IOW, is that an option that I'm missing?). Does being a member of a community (dpreview) throw things off? Not sure what's going wrong. OBrMB
    All your galleries are still marked "private"

Gallery Tools>Customize Gallery and don't forget to click "update" at the bottom.

I've put an empty gallery that's public on your page so you can see :)
    You can delete it anytime (click on the thumbnail, then gallery tools, delete gallery).

wave.gif I hope this helps!
  • OBrMBOBrMB Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited July 6, 2006
    I am a space cadet
    OK I don't believe it. I should know better but I missed it. I had the wrong url typed it. It's obrienm.smugmug.com NOT obrien.smugmug.com.
    Andy wrote:
    All your galleries are still marked "private"

Gallery Tools>Customize Gallery and don't forget to click "update" at the bottom.

I've put an empty gallery that's public on your page so you can see :)
    You can delete it anytime (click on the thumbnail, then gallery tools, delete gallery).

wave.gif I hope this helps!
  • SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 6, 2006
    OBrMB wrote:
    OK I don't believe it. I should know better but I missed it. I had the wrong url typed it. It's obrienm.smugmug.com NOT obrien.smugmug.com.

We all make the same mistake often enough thumb.gif

So is everything all set now? I see a few public galleries on obrienm.
    SmugMug Product Manager