Options

Nudes....

nadinadi Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
edited November 21, 2004 in People
.... are they acceptable on dgrin?

:shay
The careful man tries to dodge the bullets.... while the happy man takes a walk.
Mark Oliver Everett

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2004
    nadi wrote:

artist.gif

give us a link to your pics but don't embed them directly. and a warning (description of what the viewer will see...)

thanks!
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2004
    nadi wrote:

artist.gif
    I would agree with Andy but remember for future shots Nadi we have kids in this forum :D
    Lynn
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2004
    Nadi's doing it the right way. nod.gif

I've often thought about trying to shoot nudes, Nadi. But I don't think it's at all easy. Judging by the number of bad shots that I see, I reckon that getting the lighting and body position right are difficult. Then there's the challenge of making an image that hasn't already been made a hundred times before.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2004
    wxwax wrote:

I've often thought about trying to shoot nudes, Nadi. But I don't think it's at all easy.

That's right, Waxy. First, you need to find a woman who would be willing to get naked for you. :D
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2004
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wxwax

I've often thought about trying to shoot nudes, Nadi. But I don't think it's at all easy.

That's right, Waxy. First, you need to find a woman who would be willing to get naked for you. :D

Wxwax....

Don't pay any attention to Fish. It's actually pretty easy. First a little candle light, copious quanities of wine, a few hundred dollar bills, and wala nudity! thumb.gif

Don't thank me....that's what friends are for......

Sam
  • Options
    Head in the CloudsHead in the Clouds Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2004
    Don't pay any attention to Fish. It's actually pretty easy. First a little candle light, copious quanities of wine, a few hundred dollar bills, and wala nudity! thumb.gif

Don't thank me....that's what friends are for......

rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Thanks for making me laugh out loud Sam!!!

Canon EOS 30D
    Sigma 10-20
    Canon 75-300 f4-5.6
    Canon 18-55
    Canon 50 f1.8
    Canon 430EX
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2004
    been trying this on my wife for years ...
    Sam wrote:

Sam

but she's upped the ante to a week at canyon ranch + something in a light blue box.

sigh. headscratch.gif
  • Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2004
    andy wrote:
    but she's upped the ante to a week at canyon ranch + something in a light blue box.

sigh. headscratch.gif

I know that box. Not a good place for any guy to be. Has your wife seen their website? I get weekly emails with the latest list from my gf.

Dave
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2004
    Ah ha!
    Should have known this is where I'd find all the guys. rolleyes1.gifwinkne_nau.gif Hey, what's going on? My smilies are not moving. Is it Firefox? Is it only my computer? Are they moving for you?headscratch.gif

Hmmm. They move on the thread, but not on the comment box. I just started using Firefox and several things are different. When I insert an image, the whole thing goes into the comment box. In Netscape, I could see only the url but the thread had the picture. That was good because I could just change the M or L if I wanted a different size on my pic or on the original poster's pic. Now I can't do that. Any pointers on that?

Anyway. The lighting is nice on the nude, but a little too revealing if kids look in, I think.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    Head in the CloudsHead in the Clouds Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2004
    snapapple wrote:
    Should have known this is where I'd find all the guys. rolleyes1.gifwinkne_nau.gif Hey, what's going on? My smilies are not moving. Is it Firefox? Is it only my computer? Are they moving for you?headscratch.gif
    Yep - they're movin'!
    clap.gif

Canon EOS 30D
    Sigma 10-20
    Canon 75-300 f4-5.6
    Canon 18-55
    Canon 50 f1.8
    Canon 430EX
  • Options
    Aaron WilsonAaron Wilson Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2004
    what blue box are you talking about?ne_nau.gif
    www.dipphoto.com
    All feed back is welcomed!!

http://www.dipphoto.com/

:lust :lust
  • Options
    edited November 17, 2004
    snapapple wrote:
    Anyway. The lighting is nice on the nude, but a little too revealing if kids look in, I think.
    should I delete the post??

I don't want to cause a stir.... :(:
    The careful man tries to dodge the bullets.... while the happy man takes a walk.
    Mark Oliver Everett
  • Options
    mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2004
    nadi wrote:

I don't even see your post with the link at all. Another browser issue? Laughing.gif.
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2004
    nadi wrote:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I accept your post as stated, for comments and sharing. We kinda took it in another direction.

How else will you be be able to see your photographs with someone elses eyes and perspective?

Ok, that said I will comment. For me it doesn't work. I am having a hard time articulating why. Too reveling may play a part in it. It doen't capture me, no sense of mystery or wonder. Sorry that's the best I can do.

I will know if I like one, although I may not be able to tell you why. :cry

But for me, I say keep trying and let look at the your future efforts.

I like nudes, but wouldn't even attempt one at this time. So you get an A for effort.

Sam
  • Options
    edited November 19, 2004
    what blue box.....I live in the country...what have I missed...
  • Options
    Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited November 19, 2004
    Laughing.gif Lynn,

I live in the city and I don't know what's so special about a blue box headscratch.gif Maybe it's from Vicky's Secret mwink.gif Or, knowing Andy, and how much he spends on lenses, maybe it's a blue box from Tiffany's rolleyes1.gif I know that Jack Daniels comes in a brown paper bag, so that can't be it ne_nau.gif

Maybe someone will enlighten us squares...lol

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited November 19, 2004
    Blue boxes
    lynnma wrote:
    what blue box.....I live in the country...what have I missed...

Jewelry. :)
    A former sports shooter
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2004
    Laughing.gif Lynn,

I live in the city and I don't know what's so special about a blue box headscratch.gif Maybe it's from Vicky's Secret mwink.gif Or, knowing Andy, and how much he spends on lenses, maybe it's a blue box from Tiffany's rolleyes1.gif I know that Jack Daniels comes in a brown paper bag, so that can't be it ne_nau.gif

Maybe someone will enlighten us squares...lol

Steve

It's a Tiffany's box. I only know this because my son used to live in New York. When they had twins, they got little silver cups and spoons from Tiffany's for baby gifts. I, personally, have never received a blue box. :D
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2004
    I read all the way through this to find out about the "blue" box. Found Snappy's answer on that................I don't know about a blue box, but a camera like you all upgraded to, and some more lenses, glass this time, that might do it for me.

But I still haven't seen the nude, can't say I like it or don't. And I am not going to comment on a "box" of any color.

ginger:D
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    But I still haven't seen the nude, can't say I like it or don't.
    I deleted the post after a couple of people said they thought it was "too revealing" .... I didn't think it would be, but I am never a good judge of what is acceptable to others and what isn't. I don't want to cause offense or corrupt any young'ns.
    Mark Oliver Everett
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2004
    Blue box hmmm blue box... why have'nt I had anything in a blue box.. I want one and I want it now and I'm gonna kick and scream and carry on til I get one....

(sigh... never mind... I'm too old for a blue box anyway...) I have an old second hand Cartier watch... does that count??ne_nau.gif I want to know how many women on this forum have had the blue box... go one... fess up... we want to know.. is it only Andy's lady? and if so why?? lets take it to the podium...ylsuper.gif

We want the blue box
    we want the blue box
    we want the blue box 1drink.gif

(sorry.. it must be the pills)
  • Options
    edited November 21, 2004
    Blue nudes
    lynnma wrote:
    Blue box hmmm blue box... why have'nt I had anything in a blue box.. I want one and I want it now and I'm gonna kick and scream and carry on til I get one....

We want the blue box
    we want the blue box
    we want the blue box 1drink.gif

Get Nadi to post the nudes back up and I'll mail you a blue box. Laughing.gif! I crack myself up.

Rain, for the fourth motocross race in a row. I'm bumming. At least I've made a professional relationship with another photog that might become fruitful.
    A former sports shooter