Skateboarders

DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
edited July 10, 2006 in Sports
decided to make a short trip to our local skatepark, the pickin' was slim today since it was kinda hot but i got a few good shots:thumb

my fav. shot of the day
79995365-L.jpg

79995366-L.jpg

79995367-L.jpg

79995364-L.jpg

thanks,
Daniel
Daniel Bauer
smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

Comments

• illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2006
    You got some pretty good shots goin there, just try to work on your timing and keeping the lurkers out of the photos.
    ~~~www.markoknezevic.com~~~

Setup: One camera, one lens, and one roll of film.
  • DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited July 6, 2006
    You got some pretty good shots goin there, just try to work on your timing and keeping the lurkers out of the photos.

thanksthumb.gif i actually like the lurkers in the first one though because they're all watching him make the jump.
    Daniel Bauer

• Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited July 7, 2006
    Nice ones Daniel thumb.gifthumb.gif

I agree with you about the first one. The onlookers add to the shot clap.gif Now if you could just rip down that darn fence rolleyes1.gif Oh well. Not much you could have done about that ne_nau.gif

Very nice set!!

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2006
    That first one works really well. The guy's nicely framed by the others, and he's into an intense moment. Looks good! More bokeh would be a good thing, if your glass will allow it.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2006
    wxwax wrote:
    That first one works really well. The guy's nicely framed by the others, and he's into an intense moment. Looks good! More bokeh would be a good thing, if your glass will allow it.

i was at f/4 ISO 100 and 1/4000th and it was still over-exposed so i couldn't get it just then... maybe more around duskish would be better...thumb.gif
    Daniel Bauer

• ErikAllasErikAllas Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited July 10, 2006
    DanielB wrote:
    decided to make a short trip to our local skatepark, the pickin' was slim today since it was kinda hot but i got a few good shotsthumb.gif

my fav. shot of the day
    79995365-L.jpg

79995366-L.jpg

79995367-L.jpg

79995364-L.jpg

thanks,
    Daniel

Personally I like shooting ollies a bit later, like after the initial pop and the rider begins to bring the board down to level it out. Your last one is my favorite, but I think it could use a looser compostion. They all seem pretty sharp. Good job. I'd love to see more skate stuff.