lost my stats again

mkress65mkress65 Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
edited July 8, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Just letting you folks know that the stats appear to have gone away again (at least this time I can still access my galleries.)

Regards,

Comments

• PezpixPezpix Registered Users Posts: 391 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2006
    Hmmm, upon further glance, I also confirm the loss of stats on my site. Dang!
    Professional Ancient Smugmug Shutter Geek
    Master Of Sushi Noms
    Amateur CSS Dork
  • KenCKenC Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited July 7, 2006
    Stats Loss Again
    Me too, I've got zip. Unfortunate, didn't think we would experience this again.
  • vangoghvangogh Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2006
    Stats Counter Missing Again
    HIya

Just went to check my stats & they are missing again. Is this a general problem or just me?

Thanks
    Nicola
    Iconic Creative
    http://iconiccreative.smugmug.com

"To be creative means the ability to remain thirsty and to want more, never be content...you keep on seeing, discovering and understanding the joy of creativity"
    Raghu Rai
  • PezpixPezpix Registered Users Posts: 391 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2006
    FWIW, I recently installed Google Analytics for my smugmug site just in case another outage happened again. So far, I'm impressed by the sheer data that it gives! thumb.gif

However, I still like being able to see individual photos clicks and what kind of volume they recieve and I havent been able to figure out a way to track that via GoogleAnalytics yet...
    Professional Ancient Smugmug Shutter Geek
    Master Of Sushi Noms
    Amateur CSS Dork
  • dbddbd Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2006
    You are not alone.
    vangogh wrote:
    HIya

Just went to check my stats & they are missing again. Is this a general problem or just me?

Thanks

It's not just you. Anyone want to make it more than 2?

dbd
    dbdimages.smugmug.com
    "Give me a lens long enough and a place to stand and I can image the earth."
    ...with apology to Archimedies
  • TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2006
    dbd wrote:
    It's not just you. Anyone want to make it more than 2?

dbd
    dbdimages.smugmug.com

3 here.....:D

But am sure they will be back soon.
    Cheers
    David Clifford
  • rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2006
    Pezpix wrote:
    However, I still like being able to see individual photos clicks and what kind of volume they recieve and I havent been able to figure out a way to track that via GoogleAnalytics yet...
    I don't think there is a way to do that on GA. Once I spent an eternity trying out all the menus I could find and nothing like that showed up. That kind of data is perhaps focuses to much on the individual visitor.
    I keep StatCounter on my site just for this purpose.

My Smugmug stats are gone too!! All is zeroed - even the previous months. :uhoh

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • grannyrobingrannyrobin Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2006
    Thanks
    mkress65 wrote:
    Just letting you folks know that the stats appear to have gone away again (at least this time I can still access my galleries.)

Regards,
    Thanks for letting us know. We'll work on it.
    -grannyrobin
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited July 7, 2006
    I don't think there is a way to do that on GA. Once I spent an eternity trying out all the menus I could find and nothing like that showed up. That kind of data is perhaps focuses to much on the individual visitor.
    I keep StatCounter on my site just for this purpose.

My Smugmug stats are gone too!! All is zeroed - even the previous months. :uhoh

Sebastian
    Take a look at Content Optimization->Content Performance->Top Content. It is not at all user friendly, but the data are there. The Smugmug stats are far better, of course, and much easier to use. Hopefully, they won't be down much longer and will be restored to their proper state.
  • jwwjww Registered Users Posts: 449 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2006
    KenC wrote:
    Me too, I've got zip. Unfortunate, didn't think we would experience this again.

Hopefully it is something simple and a quick fix. I have statcounter running, but I might as well get google analytics going as well as I have another huge event I am convering this weekend. I would hate to miss all the info like I did the end of May and first of June during the last huge event.

..oh well... never a dull moment eh? 1drink.gif

jwwWebDesign.smugmug.com
  • GatorGator Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2006
    Great! Yeah, we can all add statcounters to our sites but, isn't this part of the service that we "pay" for on our smugmug sites? I'm a pretty patient customer but this is happening an awful lot lately. So what's the problem, really? Why is it happening?

Sorry guys, not pissed...just annoyed. Y'all provide awesome service...no doubt. But a pain in the arse is a pain in the arse and this is a real pain in the arse!!
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2006
    Hi folks,

We're sorry you're experiencing this problem. We've notified our engineers. Updates on the stats situation will be posted as soon as we have them. Thanks for your patience while we sort it out.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2006
    Stats should be back, please verify and report any irregularities, thanks.
  • vangoghvangogh Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Stats should be back, please verify and report any irregularities, thanks.

I#ve got mine back now, thanks!!

I take it Rapheal Nadal is in the final! :D
    Nicola
    Iconic Creative
    http://iconiccreative.smugmug.com

"To be creative means the ability to remain thirsty and to want more, never be content...you keep on seeing, discovering and understanding the joy of creativity"
    Raghu Rai