Is something broken on uploads?

jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
edited July 7, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I just uploaded a single image to post to a forum (around 10:45pm PDT on 7/6). It took more than a couple minutes for the "Processing Image" icon to even show up in the gallery. Now, 7 minutes later, it still says "processing image". For the last several months, I've never seen this take more than a minute.

Is something broken right now?

Edit: 1 hr 40 minutes later, still showing processing image icon. I can't post images in online discussion forums tonight because this isn't working.
--John
HomepagePopular
JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
Always include a link to your site when posting a question

Comments

• AtchieAtchie Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited July 7, 2006
    jfriend wrote:
    I just uploaded a single image to post to a forum (around 10:45pm PDT ob 7/6). It took more than a couple minutes for the "Processing Image" icon to even show up in the gallery. Now, 7 minutes later, it still says "processing image". For the last several months, I've never seen this take more than a minute.

Is something broken right now?

Edit: 25 minutes later, still showing processing image icon. I can't post images in online discussion forums tonight because this isn't working.

Same here.

Is this a side effect of the weekly maintenance?
  • bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2006
    Probably so. I have some images doing the same thing. I guess what we have is better than just the smugmug logo with the temporarily out of service message.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2006
    Do any of you have "image processing still?" Uploading and image processing as of right now (7am Eastern) are normal and fast. Please advise, thanks.
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Do any of you have "image processing still?" Uploading and image processing as of right now (7am Eastern) are normal and fast. Please advise, thanks.

It finished sometime last night after I went to bed and the real image is now displaying.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
  • bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 7, 2006
    jfriend wrote:
    It finished sometime last night after I went to bed and the real image is now displaying.
    don't forget: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=30979

dunno if that had anything to do w/it or not, just sayin.
    Pedal faster
    edited July 7, 2006
    My upload was not during the maintenance window
    bigwebguy wrote:
    don't forget: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=30979

dunno if that had anything to do w/it or not, just sayin.

That post says the maintenance window starts at 11pm Pacific time. I did my single image upload at 10:45pm. It should have been processed long before 11pm.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    edited July 7, 2006
    jfriend wrote:
    That post says the maintenance window starts at 11pm Pacific time. I did my single image upload at 10:45pm. It should have been processed long before 11pm.
    Something happened last night, around that time, but it was an isolated thing, John. Sorry you had troubles, and glad it's all sorted now.
    edited July 7, 2006
    Q
    Andy wrote:
    Something happened last night, around that time, but it was an isolated thing, John. Sorry you had troubles, and glad it's all sorted now.

Andy, what is the best way to report an off-hours outage or service issue that we don't know if your network folks are aware of?
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    edited July 7, 2006
    jfriend wrote:
    Andy, what is the best way to report an off-hours outage or service issue that we don't know if your network folks are aware of?
    help@smugmug.com deal.gif

Thanks!
    edited July 7, 2006
    Andy wrote:

OK, will do next time.
    --John
    HomepagePopular