Options

More problems and feature requests

micknewtonmicknewton Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
edited November 21, 2004 in SmugMug Support
Problems
  • The ‘Profit’ column on the Custom Pro Pricing page for my portfolio is displaying incorrect values. Example from 1 item:
Smugmug Default Price $27.95

My custom price $35.95

Profit column showed $30.56

If that’s how much profit I get, then it’s okay by me, but somehow I doubt it.

• Leaving a field blank in gallery pricing does not default to my portfolio price. I assigned custom prices to a gallery, all zeros ($0.00) for most fields and some blank fields. The fields that I left blank should have defaulted to my portfolio prices, right? Well they didn’t. I assigned these gallery prices to a photo in another gallery, and then I logged out and added that photo to my shopping cart. When I went to my shopping cart the photo was there but there were no print sizes available at all. There should have been print sizes available for the fields that I left blank in the gallery prices. I went back and assigned prices to the blank fields, then tried adding it to my cart again. This time there were print sizes available.
  • A while back I emailed you with a problem that I was experiencing with the shopping cart. I would click the ‘add to cart’ link under a photo and it would go to some intermediate page that said, “You'll be returned to browsing in 3 seconds. Click here to return immediately. Click the cart icon to check out. Tired of this message? Feed your computer a delicious cookie.” If I did nothing, or if I clicked the cart link, it would just sit there sending and receiving data and never go anywhere. One time while it was in this state I went to my browser’s properties page and turned on the ‘always allow session cookies’ option. When I did this it finally went to my shopping cart. So I thought that for some reason this page required session cookies. BUT, I just deleted all of the cookies on my system and tried it again and it got stuck on that page again! This time I went to my browser’s properties page and turned OFF the ‘always allow session cookies’ option. Again, changing this cookie setting caused the page to become unstuck, only this time it sent me back to the gallery!?? I don’t know what it is, but there’s definitely something wrong with that page. I just tried it again and it did the exact same thing.

Feature Requests
  • A professional photographer site listing or some way to browse smugmug’s professional client’s main pages. Maybe I’m missing something, but I haven’t found any way to determine how many professional photographers are using smugmug, what type(s) of photography they do, and how to find their pages. For instance, what if I was a customer looking for a professional photographer to photograph my daughter’s wedding. How would I find such a person on smugmug?
  • Product descriptions and detailed photographs for all of the items that a customer can buy a print on. For instance, what brand and type of T-shirt are photos printed on? Is the photo printed on the back or the front of the shirt, or both?

Comments

• Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2004
    In the pro custom pricing, if you leave the feild blank, it defaults to smugmug's base price.

If you put in a zero, the print size will not be available.
  • Options
    micknewtonmicknewton Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
    edited November 14, 2004
    GREAPER wrote:
    In the pro custom pricing, if you leave the feild blank, it defaults to smugmug's base price.

If you put in a zero, the print size will not be available.
    Apparently, leaving a field blank defaults to zero ($0.00) because, as I said, there were no print sizes available at all - not even for the sizes with blank fields. Either way, there should have been prints available at some price, so there's definately a problem. Leaving a field blank should default to the portfolio price, if one was defined.
  • Options
    marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2004
    micknewton wrote:
    Apparently, leaving a field blank defaults to zero ($0.00) because, as I said, there were no print sizes available at all - not even for the sizes with blank fields. Either way, there should have been prints available at some price, so there's definately a problem. Leaving a field blank should default to the portfolio price, if one was defined.
    AFAIK, if you have a portfolio price and you have cleared the pricing in the individual photo and gallery pricers (make sure to apply the clearing) the stuff should be at your portfolio price.
    Richard
  • Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited November 21, 2004
    Leaving the field empty will default to smugmug pricing - but only if you have not changed the pricing for the portfolio. Otherwise the portfolio pricing will cascade down and you will not be able to order that size. The fix for this is to increase the cost of the size by a penny. Make sense?