billes-annoncev4-en.jpg
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]Important links:[/FONT]www.dxo.comDxO
Image Masters
Press & AwardsMore info...
DxO Optics Pro version 4 announced!

IHM-400x320.jpg

July 2006

Dear Customer,

The DxO Labs Team is delighted to announce DxO Optics Pro v4.
DxO Optics Pro v4 represents a highly significant evolution in our flagship software, and in particular includes the following new features:
  • COLOR: the new DxO Color Engine provides maximum control over colors for both Raw and JPEG images.
  • OPTICS: the 3rd generation DxO Optics Engine for optimum control over image geometry, with loads of new possibilities!
  • INTERFACE: improvements to workflow, user interface and processing speed.
  • PLUG-IN: so now you can have DxO Optics Pro corrections available directly from within Adobe Photoshop®.
This version will be available for Windows, Macintosh and Mac Intel (optimized). The Plug-In will be supplied with the application. Update tariffs will be published at a later date. Availability planned for September 2006.
Preliminary details and images are available on www.dxo.com. Lots more details will be added over the days and weeks ahead.
You'll soon be able to try this new version out for yourselves for free! We'll make a point of telling you the minute it's available.
Till then, we wish you a happy and successful Summer of photography.
Best regards,
See you soon!
The DxO Team

PS: Are you a regular contributor to a photo discussion forum on the Internet? We'd be thrilled if you'd pass on the news about this major new version of DxO Optics Pro! Adobe Photoshop® is a registered trademark of Adobe Systems Incorporated

S?11cc830b2264204734d08ad1b5c2b072-A-646064-580467.gif

Comments

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2006
    Sell me, baby, why do I want this?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2006
    wxwax wrote:
    Sell me, baby, why do I want this?

Sid, this software (v3, anyway) is really amazing. The detail that you get from the lens correction via profiles specifically for your camera and your lens are amazing. It does localized contrast, as well as many other lighting/optics corrections.

BTW: you've asked this question before.

And you can see the comparisons of ACR/DxO here.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2006
    David, after talking with you at Zion I got ver3 and like it for certain shots but the user interface is very clunky and hard to use in my opinion. Supposedly they have fixed that in the new version. I'm looking forward to trying it out and hopefully if you already own the previous version they will give a good discount.
    Nick
    SmugMug Technical Account Manager
    Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
    nickwphoto
  • Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2006
    gluwater wrote:
    David, after talking with you at Zion I got ver3 and like it for certain shots but the user interface is very clunky and hard to use in my opinion. Supposedly they have fixed that in the new version. I'm looking forward to trying it out and hopefully if you already own the previous version they will give a good discount.

I agree....particularly, for me, the way it loads new files. When you add new files one must wait until it builds thumbnails from the previous incidence. If you were viewing a folder with several hundred files the you must wait for the thumbnails before navigating to a new folder....and God forbid you accidentally clicked on the incorrect folder and have to wait again. I have written DXO about this and they agree that it is something that needs to be fixed.....let's hope.

As far as the abilities of the program go, I am very impressed. :D