My wife - from whipping post

Travis FTravis F Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
edited July 11, 2006 in People
This is my last work-up on this image. I hope I didn't soften the skin too much.

See here for the original post:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=37699

Here's the rework:

IMG_6415blackandwhitesmallglamour2c.jpg

Thanks,
Travis

Comments

• PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2006
    Travis F
    You wife is very pretty and like the pose.
    I don't think her face in this photo looks very natural.
    I like the original post the best. clap.gif

Did you take any other photos in different poses?
    Hang in there and keep pushing the shutter button.

Take Care,
    Charles Cassidy,
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/usa_photography
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2006
    Hi Travis! I just read through your Whipping post which I had missed before. IMO you have used too heavy a hand with the healing brush. To take a step back, I agree with the changes that were made in your original shot. I like the crop and it definitely needed the black point set. From there, I felt it needed some softening. I'm not great at CS so I won't hand out any instructions here! But I see a lot of people (men in particular) using the healing brush to the point there is no detail in a woman's skin at all, leaving them looking like they have had plastic surgery. I wonder whatever happened to using a gaussine layer? As I said, I'm not great at photoshop, but I think a lighter, gentler approach would result in a great shot!
  • Scott MacKenzieScott MacKenzie Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited July 8, 2006
    Travis F wrote:
    This is my last work-up on this image. I hope I didn't soften the skin too much.

See here for the original post:

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=37699

Here's the rework:

IMG_6415blackandwhitesmallglamour2c.jpg

Thanks,
    Travis

This image is almost dangerous. I really like The Eyes, especially. Very inspiring! Thanks for sharing!
    I like images that feel like I am the Walrus sounds.
  • dancinkatedancinkate Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2006
    saurora wrote:
    IMO you have used too heavy a hand with the healing brush. ........But I see a lot of people (men in particular) using the healing brush to the point there is no detail in a woman's skin at all, leaving them looking like they have had plastic surgery.
    ITA with this. Beautiful shot but a little overdone with the skin. Overall it is an amazing shot. Love the composition and you couldn't ask for a more lovely wife/model. ;)
  • Travis FTravis F Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited July 8, 2006
    Thanks everyone for the nice replies. I really appreciate them. It boosts my confidence to hear these comments.

I have more from this shoot that I may post later, but they might be a little more risque. Where would those shots go? Is there a section here for "glamour" type shots? They are not nude or offensive, just different, I guess.

Thanks again for the comments,
    Travis
  • Travis FTravis F Registered Users Posts: 34 Big grins
    edited July 10, 2006
    Just thought that I would post the color version to see which people like more.

IMG_6415.jpg
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2006
    I like the B&W version, very beautiful wife! I think the hightlights are a bit too overexposed in it though, a little distracting.

Still, very nice work!
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos