Kaity and Flowers

binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
edited July 14, 2006 in People
this was my second time working with kaity, she is very comfortable in front of the camera.
please tell me what you think!
i'll be posting more soon.

80240208-L-1.jpg

80251437-L-1.jpg

80253440-L-1.jpg

(i know i haven't been posting much lately, but i just got a huge promotion at work and have been extremely busy)

Comments

• Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2006
    I think that shot number 3 shows a couple of things: the girl is a lot more photogrnic that the first 2 shots may indicate. Secondly, it also shows that being level to the photographed person works a lot better than top-down approach.
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2006
    I think that shot number 3 shows a couple of things: the girl is a lot more photogrnic that the first 2 shots may indicate. Secondly, it also shows that being level to the photographed person works a lot better than top-down approach.

thanks for the comment. i think the top-down angle is great, especially since it gets more light on her face and give a nice catchlight in her eyes. the third picture is also shot top-down. i've started using a step ladder a lot. i'd like to know what other people think, maybe i'm wrong and the top-down is bad. thanks.
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2006
    Her poses, expression and eyes are great.. The "shoot infront of flowers" idea is a bit too.. posed. I also don't think what she's wearing translates well into her expressions. I've seen better from you!
  • dragon300zxdragon300zx Registered Users Posts: 2,575 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2006
    Ok looked at it a second time and now I see the flowers.....

I agree with owen on the wardrobe although I'm sure that prolly wasn't something you picked out. 3's the best IMHO, 1 would be the runner up, and 2 is just ok.

I like the top angle myself as well it's just not working in #2.
    Everyone Has A Photographic Memory. Some Just Do Not Have Film.
    www.zxstudios.com
    http://creativedragonstudios.smugmug.com
  • deeyadeeya Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2006
    Congrats on the promotion... clap.gif

I like the 3rd shot best too.... the focus in the eyes is great!

#2... the skirt looks blown out to me...

As for the shooting down angle.... I like it sometimes... I wouldn't over do it... make sure you get shots from all angles ...

The smile in the first one is terrific.... she's a beautiful girl and that really brings it out.
    Denise

http://deeya.smugmug.com
  • dancinkatedancinkate Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2006
    The eyes in the 3rd are gorgeous but she needs the smile from #1 in addition. Just a little bit of a "blah" expression in an otherwise beautifully shot portrait.

CONGRATS on the promotion! thumb.gif
    edited July 9, 2006
    thanks everyone for the comments, i really appreciate them! i wasn't sure if i liked #2 either, but i wanted to see what y'all thought. here's one i might be submitting for the latest photo challenge. shooting these were sooooo much fun!

80443496-L-1.jpg
    edited July 9, 2006
    and this one:

80567273-L-2.jpg
    edited July 12, 2006
    i hate doing this, but i'm bumping this thread because i'm a bit of an attention hog. here's one more of kaity, i'd really appreciate any comments, good or bad; or tell me that i shouldn't have bumped this thread because it was dead. thanks!

80596476-L.jpg
  • NimaiNimai Registered Users Posts: 564 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2006
    clap.gif I think they're fabulous.

It just looks like a lot of fun. Could you me (us) some about your setup?

Thanks for sharing.
  • livefreenskilivefreenski Registered Users Posts: 163 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2006
    i love the shots, her eyese are very blue which you might want to try possble a blue flower i might make them "pop" even more, i do like the red and blue constract also though
  • BlurmoreBlurmore Registered Users Posts: 992 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2006
    #4 is a wonderfully creative and well executed shot. But you need to be careful with this girl's nose. Very angular face, and a nose that looks bigish in comparison to the narrow face when shot straight on. Every other shot you did a great job (either consciously or not) of incorporating it into her angular face. Her nose isn't big, but in her face it can't be shot straight on. So far as the flowers and stuff, I love the one with her turned and touching the OOF flowers #5 I guess. The diag composition really does a lot for her. Not real enthused about the one from behind with her hand on her hip, just emphasizes that she is thin, and she doesn't need it emphasized. Great work.
    edited July 13, 2006
    Nimai wrote:
    It just looks like a lot of fun. Could you me (us) some about your setup?

thanks a lot! haha, my setup? practically nothing for this one. i was unable to wrangle an assistant for this shoot, so i couldnt even use a reflector. i don't like using flash for these types of shoots. that being said, here is my setup: canon 20d, tamron 28-75mm f2.8, canon 70-200 f2.8L, tamron 17-35mm f2.8-4, step ladder, and one beautiful girl. i shoot when it's overcast so i get the even light which makes the eyes look better. i also wore a white shirt to work as a slight reflector, i think it might have made a difference.
    i love the shots, her eyese are very blue which you might want to try possble a blue flower i might make them "pop" even more, i do like the red and blue constract also though

thanks a lot, but i think if i had to choose between blue flowers and red/pink flowers for her i'd probably stick with the red/pink, i really love the blue of her eyes with the pink. but, if i do find some blue flowers to use, i will definitely try it.
    Blurmore wrote:
    #4 is a wonderfully creative and well executed shot. But you need to be careful with this girl's nose. Very angular face, and a nose that looks bigish in comparison to the narrow face when shot straight on. Every other shot you did a great job (either consciously or not) of incorporating it into her angular face. Her nose isn't big, but in her face it can't be shot straight on. So far as the flowers and stuff, I love the one with her turned and touching the OOF flowers #5 I guess. The diag composition really does a lot for her. Not real enthused about the one from behind with her hand on her hip, just emphasizes that she is thin, and she doesn't need it emphasized. Great work.

blurmore, you have no idea how much i appreciate your detailed comments. i think calling her nose "bigish" in #4 is an understatement, her nose looks gargantuan in that shot. thank you sooo much!
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited July 13, 2006
    lovely photos and lovely lady-

love the freckles!-
    edited July 14, 2006
    gefillmore wrote:
    lovely photos and lovely lady-

love the freckles!-

thanks!