Failure to delete question

TXDrifterTXDrifter Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
edited July 9, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I made a second copy of two photos in different galleries, and then moved them to a third gallery. In neither case was the second copy deleted after the move and I had to go back and then delete them individually.

Is this normal?

Thanks,
Phil

http://philhouse.smugmug.com/

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2006
    TXDrifter wrote:
    I made a second copy of two photos in different galleries, and then moved them to a third gallery. In neither case was the second copy deleted after the move and I had to go back and then delete them individually.

Is this normal?

Thanks,
    Phil

http://philhouse.smugmug.com/
    There is no automatic delete of the first photo when you make a 2nd copy.

OK?
  • TXDrifterTXDrifter Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited July 9, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    There is no automatic delete of the first photo when you make a 2nd copy.

OK?

I expected the first photo to remain, however, I thought the copy that I had made and "moved" would be deleted from that gallery. It seems that the move function then is really a copy and placement function if the photo is not actually moved from the old gallery but simply copied and placed in the new gallery.

Have I confused you enough? eek7.gif

Phil
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2006
    TXDrifter wrote:
    I expected the first photo to remain, however, I thought the copy that I had made and "moved" would be deleted from that gallery. It seems that the move function then is really a copy and placement function if the photo is not actually moved from the old gallery but simply copied and placed in the new gallery.

Have I confused you enough? eek7.gif

Phil
    It should be moved and not remain in the first gallery. Would you please send a gallery link, and a link to this thread, to help@smugmug.com so we can have our engineers look into it? Thanks so much.
  • TXDrifterTXDrifter Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited July 9, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    It should be moved and not remain in the first gallery. Would you please send a gallery link, and a link to this thread, to help@smugmug.com so we can have our engineers look into it? Thanks so much.

Done.

Thanks Andy.

Phil