sports collage/ color and bw photo

greenjkgreenjk Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
edited July 11, 2006 in Sports
i saw this really cool web site where this guy made a sports collage www.rodwilliamson.com check it how did he do it and how did he make some guys in color and some not in the same picture and how did he make a guy running like a multiple exsposures please help :scratch

Comments

• Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2006
    greenjk wrote:
    i saw this really cool web site where this guy made a sports collage www.rodwilliamson.com check it how did he do it and how did he make some guys in color and some not in the same picture and how did he make a guy running like a multiple exsposures please help headscratch.gif

Hi

Layers are the basis of this. I am at work and cannot explain in detail, but will once I get home, unless someone else beats me to it.

Basically he has multiple pics that he modifies (selective color, changes opacity etc) then layers them one over the other and merges once they are in the right combination.

ann
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2006
    Okay, since I am not sure of your photo editing skill set or program, I'm not sure where to begin.

For selective color on a photo, you would start by duplicating the photo as a layer. Then on the top layer, desaturate to make it greyscale. Then use the eraser to erase those items from the greyscale layer that you want to show in color (like the helmets in his examples). Then merge the layers and you should have greyscale with colored helmets.

For the multiple exposure, he does indeed have multiple exposures - burst shots, in sequence one assumes. He then opens all (2 or 3 or 4) shots and lays them one over the other. To get the 'ghosting' look that he has he would make the various layers different opacities, and then merge. To not have the ghost look, you could erase all but the player from the subsequent layers.

I know other photoshop gurus could do a much, much better job of outlining the steps. I could try to be more specific, but if you have worked in photoshop or in PSP with layers at all, you will get what I am talking of.

Let me know if htis helps at all

ann
    Ann McRae wrote:
    Hi

Layers are the basis of this. I am at work and cannot explain in detail, but will once I get home, unless someone else beats me to it.

Basically he has multiple pics that he modifies (selective color, changes opacity etc) then layers them one over the other and merges once they are in the right combination.

ann