Options

Ice Breaker...

MainFraggerMainFragger Registered Users Posts: 563 Major grins
edited November 17, 2004 in People
I have often found that my camera is a pretty decent ice breaker. Here is a shot of some one at a local pizza shop I go to all the time. He actually grabbed my by the arm and wouldn't let me leave until I took his picture.

Sorry about the sloppy background, I was going to try to edit out the background, and put landmarks from Italy behind him, but until I get better at editing software and get a pen, I am not confident enough to erase any closer to him...and I still have to get a handle on layers.

MainFragger

Comments

• Options
    edited November 16, 2004
    Lifeguard...
    This girl is from Poland and was on vacation in America. I kept her company all week (most of the folks in my summer condo are too old to bother with her, and their grandkids are too young). She is very pretty...I had to edit this a lot to get her eyes to come out well. Her eyes were hard to focus on. There are two versions. On the B&W version, I wanted to add a tinge of blue, but can't figure out how to do it in a program that disables all color options as soon as you go B&W...even sepia was disabled.

MainFragger
  • Options
    edited November 16, 2004
    Black and White Lifeguard..
    I'd love to add just a bare tinge of blue to this image..
  • Options
    edited November 16, 2004
    OK..after thinking about it...I used another program...
    What do you think?
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2004
    I think her eyes are a lovely shade of green/gray, and her tan and golden hair complement them. So I'd stick with color. I'd also shoot her with a vertical (portait) orientation. She's a beautfiul model, if she'll keep posing for you.

On the pizza guy, I might try shooting him at maximum zoom, with the lens wide open. That's your best change of blurring the background. And I'd shoot him vertically as well.

Nice stuff, she's very attractive.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited November 17, 2004
    Maximum Zoom
    wxwax wrote:
    I think her eyes are a lovely shade of green/gray, and her tan and golden hair complement them. So I'd stick with color. I'd also shoot her with a vertical (portait) orientation. She's a beautfiul model, if she'll keep posing for you.

On the pizza guy, I might try shooting him at maximum zoom, with the lens wide open. That's your best change of blurring the background. And I'd shoot him vertically as well.

Nice stuff, she's very attractive.
    On my camera would put me at about a block away! umph.gif

I've got a 12x optical zoom camera. Its pretty sweet for that, but truthfully..I don't feel like screaming, "SAAAAAAAYYY CHHEEEEEEESE!" down the block.

MainFragger