Fireworks @ Esplanade (Singapore)

jeff3tanjeff3tan Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
edited July 12, 2006 in Holy Macro
Here are some shots that I've taken some time back.

Feel free to comment on them ...

50424407-L.jpg

50428737-L.jpg

50429013-L.jpg
Tubber Chubbs :click

Comments

• jeff3tanjeff3tan Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited July 11, 2006
    O .. And one Pana shot before the fireworks started

50428435-L.jpg
  • USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2006
    Beautiful photos
    Very cool how sharp fireworks look

Fred
    edited July 11, 2006
    Couple more to go

50423256-L.jpg

50425692-L.jpg

50428249-L.jpg

Enjoy clap.gif
  • ridetwistyroadsridetwistyroads Registered Users Posts: 526 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2006
    This is my fav:

50424407-M.jpg

I love the contrast in color and the comp, as well.

Curious, what are the two large structures in the lower right corner? The large buildings I mean..... they're very interesting. ear.gif
    "There is a place for me somewhere, where I can write and speak much as I think, and make it pay for my living and some besides. Just where this place is I have small idea now, but I am going to find it" Carl Sandburg
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2006
    Absolutly fantastic i loved them iloveyou.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2006
    Great use of the foreground to add interest and perspective to the fireworks. Nice job!
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited July 11, 2006
    great stuff
    what a great series... and a great place... nice work...
    clap clap clap clap clap.gifclap.gif
    edited July 11, 2006
    This is my fav:

50424407-M.jpg

I love the contrast in color and the comp, as well.

Curious, what are the two large structures in the lower right corner? The large buildings I mean..... they're very interesting. ear.gif

The 2 structure is called the esplanade. Its the center for arts and theater. We call it the durian in singapore. Its one of the most interesting structure in Singapore. If u ever come to Singapore, U should not miss this place...
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2006
    jeff3tan wrote:
    Here are some shots that I've taken some time back.

Feel free to comment on them ...

Hi there Jeff......I have had the pleasure of visiting Singpore at least 7 maybe even 9 times, and I do enjoy going there.

It's really changed over the years those quaint old markets were all pulled down.....kind of lost a lot of its character as the Concrete Jungle began to grow.

Your series of Fireworks are great, looks like you had great spot to take your photos........nice job thumb.gif ........ Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited July 11, 2006
    Skippy wrote:
    Hi there Jeff......I have had the pleasure of visiting Singpore at least 7 maybe even 9 times, and I do enjoy going there.

It's really changed over the years those quaint old markets were all pulled down.....kind of lost a lot of its character as the Concrete Jungle began to grow.

Your series of Fireworks are great, looks like you had great spot to take your photos........nice job thumb.gif ........ Skippy (Australia)

Thanks Skippy. Good to hear that you like Singapore ... Its such a tiny dot the map.... :)

If you are into fireworks, recently we have events that have plenty of fireworks. Our national day is coming up in Aug and 3 straight weekends there will be fireworks display by teams from europe, aust and america. They will be held at the marina bay (same location that I've shot mine) Its like a competition kinda. The major one will be the new year eve countdown. It is really magnificient ... U'll need to see it to believe it ... The posted pics were taken during the countdown to 2006. It was really a great performance.
  • boogieboogie Registered Users Posts: 553 Major grins
    edited July 11, 2006
    Exceptional and outstanding photography. thumb.gif
    edited July 12, 2006
    boogie wrote:
    Exceptional and outstanding photography. thumb.gif

Thanks Boogieclap.gif