Options

Finally...

miketaylor01miketaylor01 Registered Users Posts: 318 Major grins
edited November 16, 2004 in The Big Picture
Alright Alright Alright... My tripod finally arrived in the mail yesterday, a manfrotto 3001BPRO with mafrotto 329RC4 head. Also, today i finally got in the mail my photoshop CS upgrade and the colorvision spyder. Im feeling kinda overwhelmed. This is alot of stuff to get at the same time and I want to learn how to use all three right away. Must sound kinda funny that I say i want to learn how to use a tripod, but I have honestly never used one. Actually there was one morning at the Vietnam memorial with my father about 7 years ago when I used a tripod, but that is it. Kind aintimidating considering I have always done everythign handheld. Oh well.. thats what is great about photography, Always something new to learn. So I am off to practice...:D
Mike

Sigma SD9, SD14, and DP1
http://miketaylor.giph.com

Comments

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited November 16, 2004
    Alright Alright Alright... My tripod finally arrived in the mail yesterday, a manfrotto 3001BPRO with mafrotto 329RC4 head. Also, today i finally got in the mail my photoshop CS upgrade and the colorvision spyder. Im feeling kinda overwhelmed. This is alot of stuff to get at the same time and I want to learn how to use all three right away. Must sound kinda funny that I say i want to learn how to use a tripod, but I have honestly never used one. Actually there was one morning at the Vietnam memorial with my father about 7 years ago when I used a tripod, but that is it. Kind aintimidating considering I have always done everythign handheld. Oh well.. thats what is great about photography, Always something new to learn. So I am off to practice...:D

Enjoy, actually, I don't do well with a tripod, either. And I got some camera shake with it. It is not that cheap, it is a manfrotto something with the head thing and all. And I used a release. It is not my favorite thing to do, and I am not good at it either. Maybe as you learn, you can think up tips.

I never thought about "learning" to use it, just thought it wasn't my personality to really stand in one place, plan, etc.

It is good to hear from you, wondered where you had got to. You will love the CS.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.