Sizes confuse European users

zerobuttonszerobuttons Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
edited April 9, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Is it possible to indicate in a very clear manner that the sizes one can choose from, when ordering prints, are given in inches?

I have discovered that my users are confused when seeing the sizes they can choose from. Many of them believe that the sizes are given in centimeters, and that scares them away again.

Best regards,
David List
http://zerobuttons.smugmug.com/

Comments

• razerrazer Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
    edited July 12, 2006
    Thats standard here in the UK headscratch.gif
  • DnaDna Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2006
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2006
    Is it possible to indicate in a very clear manner that the sizes one can choose from, when ordering prints, are given in inches?

I have discovered that my users are confused when seeing the sizes they can choose from. Many of them believe that the sizes are given in centimeters, and that scares them away again.

Best regards,
    David List
    http://zerobuttons.smugmug.com/
    Thansk for the suggestion, Zero, we appreciate it very much.
  • zerobuttonszerobuttons Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited July 12, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Thank you for your answer.

It seems to me that the issue is of some importance to your European pro users, since it has been brought up in two independent threads recently, as I can see from Dna´s reference to his own discussion with you.

Please up its importance...:):

Best regards,
    David List
  • zerobuttonszerobuttons Registered Users Posts: 68 Big grins
    edited April 9, 2007
    Andy wrote:

Any chance of seeing options for choosing between centimeters and inches - and EUR and USD anytime soon?

In my mind it could be done in one of two ways:
    1) Making it possible for the pro to make his choice when creating galleries.
    2) Making it possible for the buyer to make his choice from scrolldown boxes when looking at the list of photos he bought, before going into the actual payment.

I have seen the second option implemented in several web shops. It is possible, and it would mean a heck of a lot less explaining for us non-US gallery owners.

Best regards,
    David List
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2007
    Any chance of seeing options for choosing between centimeters and inches - and EUR and USD anytime soon?

In my mind it could be done in one of two ways:
    1) Making it possible for the pro to make his choice when creating galleries.
    2) Making it possible for the buyer to make his choice from scrolldown boxes when looking at the list of photos he bought, before going into the actual payment.

I have seen the second option implemented in several web shops. It is possible, and it would mean a heck of a lot less explaining for us non-US gallery owners.

Best regards,
    David List
    Hi David,

Thanks for the suggestions. We are looking into it, however we can't say if/when/how this will be available, I'm sorry.

Cheers,