Beat the Clock

boogieboogie Registered Users Posts: 553 Major grins
edited July 12, 2006 in Holy Macro
Caught this on a train hunt yesterday. :):

orig.jpg

Comments

• SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2006
    Hey that's an interesting shoot ... waiting another second or two might have captured the "defining moment". I didn't know Ferrari made trains.
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • boogieboogie Registered Users Posts: 553 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2006
    Seefutlung wrote:
    Hey that's an interesting shoot ... waiting another second or two might have captured the "defining moment". I didn't know Ferrari made trains.

Ferrari trains rolleyes1.gif

This is a Norfolk Southern coming out of the USS Clairton Mill.

To be honest I never knew the runner was in shot until after I got home...my eye was on the train. :D
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2006
    Horrible to think that this might not have had a happy ending. Darn kids!!!! Interesting shot!!!
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2006
    boogie wrote:
    Caught this on a train hunt yesterday. :):

Ohhhhh geezz........heck that brings back childhood memories, gawwwwd, my brothers and I were forever playing on the railway lines when we were kids, how on earth we never got ran over is beyond me, cause we were only primary school aged kids too.

Hopefully the boy had enough sense to get off the line......

Great Capture on your part Boogie :D Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • boogieboogie Registered Users Posts: 553 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2006
    Skippy wrote:
    Ohhhhh geezz........heck that brings back childhood memories, gawwwwd, my brothers and I were forever playing on the railway lines when we were kids, how on earth we never got ran over is beyond me, cause we were only primary school aged kids too.

Hopefully the boy had enough sense to get off the line......

Great Capture on your part Boogie :D Skippy (Australia)

I retired early last year after working "36 long but happy years on the railroad" clap.gif

It was a good feeling being so near the train,feeling the rumble, hearing the
    horn as it went by the crossing...weird to some but it felt like being back home to me. (but I don't miss working!)
    I was using the zoom lens so the train wasn't as close as it seems...he made it.

Thanks Skippy so glad this brought back memories to you.

boogie