Of things that go bzzzz...

DalantechDalantech Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Major grins
edited July 13, 2006 in Holy Macro
I went shooting in the abandoned lot again today -man am I out of practice shooting fast moving insects! Lots of frames in the round filing cabinet -and the ones I kept are marginal by my standards. I'm gonna go back again tomorrow and hopefully get better compositions...

81250923-M.jpg

81251049-M.jpg

81251184-M.jpg

81251289-M.jpg

81251396-M.jpg

All taken in shutter priority 1/250 of a second with a -2/3 exposure bias. MT-24 set to -2 and a 4 to 1 flash ratio. RAW files converted to jpg using Elements 4 (my first time shooting in RAW).
My SmugMug Gallery

Looking for tips on macro photography? Check out my Blog: No Cropping Zone.

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2006
    Dalantech wrote:
    I went shooting in the abandoned lot again today -man am I out of practice shooting fast moving insects! Lots of frames in the round filing cabinet -and the ones I kept are marginal by my standards. I'm gonna go back again tomorrow and hopefully get better compositions...

All taken in shutter priority 1/250 of a second with a -2/3 exposure bias. MT-24 set to -2 and a 4 to 1 flash ratio. RAW files converted to jpg using Elements 4 (my first time shooting in RAW).

Hi Dalantech........so you've moved to RAW hu mwink.gif Good for you thumb.gif
    Andy Williams kept telling me for ages ... Skippy shoot in RAW, and now I only ever shoot in RAW ..... see I do listen to Andy sometimes rolleyes1.gif

My favourite stinging type bug besides Bees are Wasps, it's the structure of their face, they look like Warriors, men of War, and their eyes are just amazing......those jaws look pretty mean too, yet they look clean and well groomed...... maybe their all girls hahahaha rolleyes1.gif .. just joking.

Nice Series again Dalnntech......... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • DalantechDalantech Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2006
    Skippy wrote:
    Hi Dalantech........so you've moved to RAW hu mwink.gif Good for you thumb.gif
    Andy Williams kept telling me for ages ... Skippy shoot in RAW, and now I only ever shoot in RAW ..... see I do listen to Andy sometimes rolleyes1.gif

My favourite stinging type bug besides Bees are Wasps, it's the structure of their face, they look like Warriors, men of War, and their eyes are just amazing......those jaws look pretty mean too, yet they look clean and well groomed...... maybe their all girls hahahaha rolleyes1.gif .. just joking.

Nice Series again Dalnntech......... Skippy (Australia)

Thanks Skippy! Hopefully today I'll get some better compositions. One of the tricks I use to use was to watch them for a little while to see how they move and then compose for the flower, leaving enough room for the critter to move into the area where I think they are going to go. I started to do that toward the end of yesterday's filming -should have been doing it from the beginning... rolleyes1.gif

Although this is my first time shooting RAW I'm noticing a little more detail than I'm use to -is it because I'm only saving as a jpg one time so I'm only paying once for the compression penalty?
    My SmugMug Gallery

Looking for tips on macro photography? Check out my Blog: No Cropping Zone.