Joelle

camblercambler Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
edited July 13, 2006 in People
Here's a frame I got during the cookbook shoot that won't be in the book, as it's just a straight glamour shot. I was testing the light levels after switching to f/1.4 and this is how one of the tests came out. I just love wide aperture, even when it's blown-out.

NWS (boobs)

http://journalpix.com/CB-J-0533-S.photo

Comments

• Ted SzukalskiTed Szukalski Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2006
    It is an interesting shot. With her looking down may insinuate a bit of shyness or modesty.

As for blown highlights - I was very surprised recently when I posted a photo with obvious dose of the burnt areas and yet no one minded at all. Same with your photo it makes your model more delicate.
    cambler wrote:
    Here's a frame I got during the cookbook shoot that won't be in the book, as it's just a straight glamour shot. I was testing the light levels after switching to f/1.4 and this is how one of the tests came out. I just love wide aperture, even when it's blown-out.

NWS (boobs)

http://journalpix.com/CB-J-0533-S.photo
  • JimMJimM Registered Users Posts: 1,389 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2006
    I really like this one too. Like the expression and the "softness" of the feel of the image (if that makes any sense). Not that the image is soft mind you.
    Cameras: >(2) Canon 20D .Canon 20D/grip >Canon S200 (p&s)
    Glass: >Sigma 17-35mm,f2.8-4 DG >Tamron 28-75mm,f2.8 >Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro >Canon 70-200mm,f2.8L IS >Canon 200mm,f2.8L
    Flash: >550EX >Sigma EF-500 DG Super >studio strobes

Sites: Jim Mitte Photography - Livingston Sports Photos - Brighton Football Photos
  • BakatBakat Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited July 13, 2006
    I have a program, something like a filter in photoshop, that can be applied selectively to areas in a photo to enhance the blown out areas (making them more blown out) that I really like for childrens portraits or engagement pictures.

Sometimes I think we get to worked up about "photography" rules and forget that it's art and we can intrepret it any way that we want to.

Kat
    "Photography is not a sport. It has no rules"
    Bill Brandt