Options

Challenge 26 -- Lambad's house

lambadlambad Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
edited November 20, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
Here are three photos for which I'd appreciate any critique. Don't hurt me too much. Oh, go ahead--i have a thick skin. Well, no, don't hu... no nevermind, i'm tough. but d.... :D sure go ahead, i can take it!

Bring It On!
11434546-M.jpg

Maggie-Mae, Our House Poochie
11434547-M.jpg

Go Ahead, Be Nosy -- This Is What We Eat!
11434548-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2004
    lambad wrote:
    Here are three photos for which I'd appreciate any critique. Don't hurt me too much. Oh, go ahead--i have a thick skin. Well, no, don't hu... no nevermind, i'm tough. but d.... :D sure go ahead, i can take it!

Bring It On!
    11434546-M.jpg
    I like the idea of the coffee the best. But how about trying to catch the steem coming up from the coffee in the cup. I think that would be more interesting than the empty cup. I like the diagonal line of the table and the cheery sunlight. Says morning to me.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,006 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2004
    better be fast to get the steam before the cup fellith over ? i like it as is
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    miketaylor01miketaylor01 Registered Users Posts: 318 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2004
    Bring It On..
    I think is the best or the three. The dogs eye yes might have been taken in your house, but doesnt fit the theme to me. The last one just doesnt have that great of composition to me. Nothing jumps out at me with it. Now bring it on is the best of the three, but also doesnt jump out at me. I ike the colors across the table, especially the light coming through the blinds. Just nothing jumping out at me in this image. Great start though. I would follow up with some more shots along the lines of bring it on.
    Mike

Sigma SD9, SD14, and DP1
    http://miketaylor.giph.com
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2004
    Uh, why does anything taken in the house not fit the theme. What do you see as the theme?

ginger, confused
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited November 17, 2004
    Maybe I should clarify what I meant...
    I did not mean to say that something taken inside of a house does not fir the theme. Strictly speaking any photo taken within the confies of a house or whatever you live in fits the theme. What I meant by what I said is that a picture of the eye of a dog to me does not fit in with what i believe to be the intention of the theme. The intention in my mind was not just a photo taken in a home, but certain things that make that photograph recognizable as having been taken inside of a dwelling. To me that photo could have been taken anywhere, wheras lambad's ther two photos are clearly parts of a home and fit the theme much better in my mind. By all means anything that is taken inside of a house can be entered. I just think that I would choose one of the other two over the dogs eye because I think they fit better.. even if it was the most incredible photograph of a dog's eye that I have ever seen I would not think it fit. Just my opinion. Take it for what its worth.

By the way I cant seem to get one of the double posts from earlier to deletene_nau.gif . I have tried a couple times, but my internet connection is acting up right now. So sorry about that.
    Mike

Sigma SD9, SD14, and DP1
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2004
    By the way I cant seem to get one of the double posts from earlier to deletene_nau.gif . I have tried a couple times, but my internet connection is acting up right now. So sorry about that.
    Deleted it Mike thumb.gif
  • Options
    lambadlambad Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited November 17, 2004
    Thanks for your responses. I think "deep down" i might have known the truth of what you've said above, but it's nice to know for sure. I do agree with Mike about the theme thing, and that thought did cross my mind. And the pantry food was interesting to me, but I also feel it didn't "pop" out. Actually, the only one that "popped" out for me was Maggie-Mae's eye (but see above statements). So why did I post these anyway, you ask? Because I don't know any better yet. I appreciate your comments!
  • Options
    ShakeyShakey Registered Users Posts: 1,004 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2004
    I like the sunflowers and coffee. It has a very comfortable feel and look to it.
    Looking forward to seeing more .

Cheers
    Tim
  • Options
    edited November 20, 2004
    No need to say you shouldnt have posted these pics.. You thought they might all fit the theme and honestly my above statements were just my opinion. You have to be the judge of how your pictures fit the theme. I dont think there is ever a bad post to this forum as we are all here to learn and the only stupid question is the one you dont ask. I do stilla gree with shakey in that I like the sunflowers one and do look forward to seeing what else you might come up with.
    Mike

Sigma SD9, SD14, and DP1