Possible bug, but I want to confirm first...

Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
edited July 13, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Okay so I'm working fast and furious on my theme. I'd like to hug whoever came up with the idea of caching files in internet browsers and whoever at smugmug decided that they should rename each updated css file to a unique name.

Why? Well I'm having troubles with the theme CSS editor. Here's what happens. I find a problem on a page, I fix that problem in one of the browser CSS editors (the IE accessibility toolbar in this particular case), and then I simply copy that line (or lines) of CSS code into my theme CSS file (nothing else is added or deleted) and then I click update. All the sudden I noticed to my horror that the bottom 10th of my CSS was cut off. So i looked up a previous CSS version of my theme in the cache (which explains all the hugging I want to do) and pasted the missing portion back in.

So I fooled around a little bit and figured out that whenever I copy and paste a line of CSS code to the theme CSS editor (haven't tested the customizations editors) everything after the last character of that line of code gets stripped out. :wxwax

I'm using my MBP and I've tested this problem in firefox and safari. I'm also using flock and IE running on parallels. I'm quite certain that the only parts I add are the copied code (in this case I'm hacking IE so it's all been copied and pasted from IE) and I'm not deleting anything myself.

Also since the problem began, I've been copying the entire file before I click the update button on the edit theme page and pasting it into Smultron. The odd thing is that when I overwrite the code that has been updated and stripped with the entire CSS code for the theme and click update, it remains stripped. I have to copy and paste only the missing code into the theme CSS in the appropriate place and then click update before my changes will be accepted.

Anyone else getting anything similar? It's really frustrating.
Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/