Keyword limits

Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
edited July 18, 2006 in SmugMug Support
Is all keywording unlimited??

Thanks
"Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

Comments

• pat.kanepat.kane Registered Users Posts: 332 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2006
    Art, I'm not sure what you're asking, whether there's a limit per photo, per account, other?

I've had 20+ keywords in a given photo and didn't see any problems.

I do believe that the keywords page only shows the top 100 keywords though; however, that doesn't mean the search engine won't find one not listed.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2006
    pat.kane wrote:
    Art, I'm not sure what you're asking, whether there's a limit per photo, per account, other?

I've had 20+ keywords in a given photo and didn't see any problems.

I do believe that the keywords page only shows the top 100 keywords though; however, that doesn't mean the search engine won't find one not listed.
    You can easily change how many keywords are shown, it's user definable. Just look at the boxTop :D
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2006
    Try to clarify....
    Thanx for the answers...

I am not so much in need of keywording each photo as I am keywording my Site as a whole, or at the veyleast my 2 main galleries.

When I had my own website (prior to my Smuggy acct), I did all my keywording in MS Word and would cut and paste into my control box of my site....this list ahs grown and grown by leaps and bounds....

The list is very large (several hundred or more dealing with my site) and I tried to copy and paste it into the gallery keywords and it never showed up....but if I did a extremely small portion...then it would.

As I said I do not need people to get any one picture as I need to get whole site recognized by the Search engines, then I can worry about keywording the individual pics.......

So I guess what I should have asked, now that I se the error of my ways,........Is there a limit to the amount of keywords used for each gallery's keywords in the gallery control panel?

2- How can I keyword my Smuggy site as a whole? Can that been done in the HTML or Css somewhere?

MY previous site (which I still own the whole 100mb of) was hosted by Global and the software was called Quicksitemaker, and extremely easy drag and drop or I did create on version on Page maker once and when I had access to Macromedia I made one build with Dreamweaver....

Sorry for being such a long expalination.

Thanks again Andy and Pat
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2006
    Art Scott wrote:
    .Is there a limit to the amount of keywords used for each gallery's keywords in the gallery control panel?
    I do not know, the best way is to paste in as many as you can and see if they stick. I'll try and find out.
    [/quote]
    2- How can I keyword my Smuggy site as a whole? Can that been done in the HTML or Css somewhere?[/quote]
    No, not in the way you are thinking. Photo and gallery keywords are the way to go. And gallery descriptions, and captions, that are keyword-meaningful :)
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2006
    A Great Many Thanks
    THANKS ANDYthumb.gif ...I APPRECIATE IT...Smuggy is great especially compared to my 100mb site (btw I was paying $8.00 for hosting my .com there, when I get ready to tackle the customization of the site I will use my 100mb quicksitemaker site for my faqs and infor pages---maybe...I do own a few of them might as well use them).....and there is a lot for me to learn when it comes to how to do things here as opposed to a standard diy site.....

Can see my work is cut out for me...now if you all would allow me to purchase more than 1 yr at a time (when I have the extra cash) that would be sooo fantastic.

Thanks again

• dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    I do not know, the best way is to paste in as many as you can and see if they stick. I'll try and find out.

I hope smugmug looks out for keyword abusers.... people do this on craigslist and I hate it. We can probably thank these folks for the "slow keyword processing" days...

gee, this photo is "popular" today...
  • mbradymbrady Registered Users Posts: 321 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2006
    dmc wrote:
    I hope smugmug looks out for keyword abusers.... people do this on craigslist and I hate it. We can probably thank these folks for the "slow keyword processing" days...

gee, this photo is "popular" today...

Yikes!!!

(Someone should Photoshop an image to actually include all of those keywords!)