Options

java upload abort bug & time zones & comments

rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
edited January 7, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Hi,

while collecting my pictures for a upload, I'm sometimes a littlebit fast in pushing the upload button in the java uploader. When I then abort the upload, the unfinished picture is still processed and added to the gallery. This looks like a bug for me.

Requests:
Time zones:
I'm from Germany and really would like to be able to set the time zone for times displayed on my homepage. Most of my visitors are from Germany and it's already confusing for me when I look at a PST time. This applies to both gallery change time and the EXIF time.

Comments:
Knowing myself being lazy, I assume others are to. Therefore I would like to be able to give a comment on a picture without clicking on a link and then seeing a small version of the picture I want to comment on. I guess that's one reason why I don't give so many comments on other pictures.
So what about a comment formular under every shown picture. The additional code shouldn't be that big.

Thanks for your time!
Best whishes,
Sebastian
Sebastian
SmugMug Support Hero

Comments

• Options
    edited November 23, 2004
    no comments?
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited December 12, 2004
    maybe I've to start a new thread for these request, but I'll try it once more in this one.
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    {JT}{JT} Registered Users Posts: 1,016 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2004
    Here are your responses :)

Java upload: it has it's fair share of problems and limitations. We know most of them and are working on getting a better tool out there. No ETA or info available.

Timezones: I love them too, I will bring it up with the others as something you can set in your preferences.

Comments: Good idea; let me take a look at the code and see what I can add.
  • Options
    edited December 28, 2004
    Hey JT,
    I just discovered that someone replied. Good that I had another look before posting a new thread.
    {JT} wrote:
    Here are your responses :)
    Java upload: it has it's fair share of problems and limitations. We know most of them and are working on getting a better tool out there. No ETA or info available.
    For now it's no problem for me anymore thanks to Nikolai and his Explorer, but others might be still interested in the fixes.
    {JT} wrote:
    Timezones: I love them too, I will bring it up with the others as something you can set in your preferences.
    Yeah, I really would like this option! clap.gif
    {JT} wrote:
    Comments: Good idea; let me take a look at the code and see what I can add.
    Just got another bunch of comments and got some additional ideas concerning this theme.
    I've turned on the comment notifying option, but was never satisfied with it, because it has just the link inside.
    I would like to see the following format:

Subject:Filename+part of caption for the picture
    Body:
    • full caption
    • newest comment first and then all the others following (up to a certain limit if somebody has 1000s of comments or so)
    • links to all sizes (I hate to mess with my statistics and always view the small size when answearing on my own pics)
    This format would make the comment notifying-mails really usefull for me and perhaps also others, because you can read the comments straight in the mail and don't have view the picture page in order get to know what and about which picture someone wrote a comment.

What do you think?! deal.gif
    Bye,
    Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited January 7, 2005
    comment-feature suggestions
    What do you think about my comment suggestions from the last post?
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero