Safari Tasmania - Day one

TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
edited July 16, 2006 in Sports
Following on from my previous thread. Here are a couple of photos from today. Am hoping the weather is going to hold out, but is looking like rain :cry.

These were taken on the special stage at Geeveston (South of Hobart).

81761412-M.jpg

81761421-M.jpg

Out at one of the stages in the forrest.

81761927-M.jpg

talk about coming prepared. I cannot believe these guys carried the ammount of stuff they did. Through the mud and up the hills.

81761880-M.jpg

81761911-M.jpg

I am having a ball getting amongst this and all I can say is bring on day two (final day :cry).
Cheers
David Clifford

Comments

• Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited July 15, 2006
    David,
    Really nice work. I like how you can see the driver and navigator's faces in the 1st 2 shots thumb.gifthumb.gif Plus those cars are so vibrant looking clap.gif Especially the first one.

Good work mate :D

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • §imone§imone Registered Users Posts: 105 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2006
    TassieD wrote:
    talk about coming prepared. I cannot believe these guys carried the ammount of stuff they did. Through the mud and up the hills.

81761880-M.jpg
    Laughing.gif oh please come on, you know as well as I do & every other car racing lover in this country, you men GOTTA be prepared, take the essenitals . ITS IMPORTANT thumb.gif

Have fun
    Simone

Canon 350D
    Canon EFS 18-55mm kit lens
    Canon 75-300mm

Fuji FinePix S9500 9 Megapixels

Simone's Expressions - Yarn Over Hook

Sometimes we dont do things we want to do so that others will not know we want to do them. - Ivy Walker - The Village

• TassieDTassieD Registered Users Posts: 711 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2006
    David,
    Really nice work. I like how you can see the driver and navigator's faces in the 1st 2 shots thumb.gifthumb.gif Plus those cars are so vibrant looking clap.gif Especially the first one.

Steve

Thanks Steve, Just back from the bush for the last time this round. I have had a blast with this event. More to come later.
    Cheers
    David Clifford
    edited July 16, 2006
    §imone wrote:
    Laughing.gif oh please come on, you know as well as I do & every other car racing lover in this country, you men GOTTA be prepared, take the essenitals . ITS IMPORTANT thumb.gif

Have fun

Thanks Simone,

You are true, we must have the essentials. But these days that means the camera gear instead of the esky ....lol
    Cheers
    David Clifford
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2006
    David,

Steve
    Im with steve...great shots mate thumb.gif
    edited July 16, 2006
    gus wrote:
    Im with steve...great shots mate thumb.gif

Thanks Gus.
    Cheers
    David Clifford