Beach Volleyball

SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
edited July 15, 2006 in Sports
there is a summer festival running in my town this month. Today's star attraction was the US Ladies vollyball team. I was out walking and didn't know it was on. I didn't have the 70-200 lens with me unfortunately.

Anyway, enough excuses :)
81772504-M.jpg

81772570-M.jpg

81772663-M.jpg

81772758-M.jpg
and a pic from the walk

81773870-M.jpg

comments, feedback, riducule and scorn welcome :wink

Comments

• SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2006
    I have a self-rating system I use for my stuff (none personal shoots) ... is it publishable ... none of your shots would have the quality to be published in a mainstream, major market newspaper or magazine.

The first is your best, but you cut off the foot, arm and you cannot see any faces ... the ball has a bit too much air (dead speace) between it and the hands ... Way too much DOF, way too much clutter in the background. Nice butt though.
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • SeamusSeamus Registered Users Posts: 1,573 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2006
    Seefutlung wrote:
    I have a self-rating system I use for my stuff (none personal shoots) ... is it publishable ... none of your shots would have the quality to be published in a mainstream, major market newspaper or magazine.

The first is your best, but you cut off the foot, arm and you cannot see any faces ... the ball has a bit too much air (dead speace) between it and the hands ... Way too much DOF, way too much clutter in the background. Nice butt though.

fair comments but bear in mind I did say that I was out for a walk and stopped for a look. I wasn't there shooting for a magazine or newspaper. I didn't have a long lens (70-200).

Now, if I had been there to take pics with a view to selling them you are spot on rolleyes1.gif They would be rejected straight away mwink.gif
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited July 15, 2006
    First off, how could you leave the house without the 70-200? ne_nau.gif Did you give your sherpa the day off? lol3.gif

Laughing.gif Shay rolleyes1.gif I think you dun good for what you had to work with thumb.gif I have to agree with most of See's comments. Especially the missing faces and the nice butt comments :uhoh

I really enjoy watching woman's V-ball a lot. One of the world's best players went to my daughter's high school :D While these shots aren't worthy of publishing, IMO, they sure are some nice memories mwink.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2006
    Continuing from another thread...
    I noticed a "VIP area" sign on some of your shots.. This is probably the place where you'd get to shoot from if only you had any of those Press Passes on ya.. mwink.gif

And, I totally agree with "how could you leave home w/o 70-200" and "nice butt" comments :D
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
    edited July 15, 2006
    First off, how could you leave the house without the 70-200? ne_nau.gif Did you give your sherpa the day off? lol3.gif

Laughing.gif Shay rolleyes1.gif I think you dun good for what you had to work with thumb.gif I have to agree with most of See's comments. Especially the missing faces and the nice butt comments :uhoh

I really enjoy watching woman's V-ball a lot. One of the world's best players went to my daughter's high school :D While these shots aren't worthy of publishing, IMO, they sure are some nice memories mwink.gif

Steve

Hey Steve,
    I hang my head in shame for leaving the big zoom at home rolleyes1.gif , it's hard enough hauling my fat carcass around without burdening myself with extra lens mwink.gif .
    I have watched volleyball on tv but seeing it up close it is a very fast sport. The points are scored quickly and the players are very easy on the eye :)
    edited July 15, 2006
    Nikolai wrote:
    I noticed a "VIP area" sign on some of your shots.. This is probably the place where you'd get to shoot from if only you had any of those Press Passes on ya.. mwink.gif

And, I totally agree with "how could you leave home w/o 70-200" and "nice butt" comments :D

there were two photographers shooting the matches and I really didn't want to get in their way or be in the background of their shots. I squeezed myself into a corner near the net and shot away. I really did miss the 70-200 tho :)

There were some seriously fit ladies playing iloveyou.gif there are worse ways to pass an hour rolleyes1.gif