Basket for newbies (again....)

judahjudah Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
edited July 15, 2006 in Sports
Firts of all I'd liek to thanks all dgrinners that helped me out in the first place.
Today I went to the same basket field and found out they were having a tournament! My friend Alex was there again and immediately asked me to shot away. So, I switched my focus mode to Continuos and having saw some basketball games last week I was much more aware of what was goin' on in the field. I put myself down in one corner and this time I got around 70 keepers (at least for my standards).
Here's one of the best. Please comment. Cheers! :):

PS: I think I have some problem with my monitor calibration. I see the brightest part of these images with a red shade upon. Can you please tell me if they are "proper" B/W or there's something goin' on in yoru screen too?
81821496-L.jpg

81821495-L.jpg

Amazing grace! How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found;
Was blind, but now I see.

http://judah.smugmug.com/

Comments

• saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2006
    Your B&W conversion looks terrific on my monitor, Judah. I see no problems. I checked out your site. Nice galleries. I also enjoyed your "We are the Champions" gallery. thumb.gif
  • judahjudah Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2006
    saurora wrote:
    Your B&W conversion looks terrific on my monitor, Judah. I see no problems. I checked out your site. Nice galleries. I also enjoyed your "We are the Champions" gallery. thumb.gif
    Thanks a million Saurora for checkin' out my B/W. You know this red shade is driving me crazy. I used to own a recording studio and the whole calibration thing was a really big deal there, and so I understand the importance with monitors. I'm really tryin' to understand if I'm doin' somethign wrong and the problem is that I don't feel to edit any pic if I don't know what's really goin' to look like. After purchasing my camera I thought she was overexposing as default and started to compensate for it with every pic I took but now the more I think about it the more I'm concerned that maybe it was (and still is) a problem with my screen setup. I suspect I'll have to drop some money on some calibration stuff like Spider or Huey. Thanks again for your nice comments. Very much appreciate. :):

edited July 15, 2006
    Hey! Maybe I resolved a bit of my problem! While surfin' thru the many option of my software (Paint Shop Pro) I was able to calibrate my monitor to a more satisfying palette. Now my B/W looks just like that: B+W! :):
    Tomorrow I'll make a couple print and see how they look like. BTW, if I look at the two photos I submitted in thsi thread they are awfully bright! Can someone confirm that?

Cheers. :):

edited July 15, 2006
    Hhhmmmmmm..... after changin' my monitor calibration I redone the editing on one of the shot I posted here, and here's the results. Is it any better? :):
    81849781-L.jpg

• Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2006
    hi Judah,

I like the 2nd picture the best - and from what I can tell, the BW conversion is ok. However, you might want to try to get the face of the shooter in the shot, otherwise, good action.

cheers,

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)