MPEG upload problem

TXDrifterTXDrifter Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
edited July 15, 2006 in SmugMug Support
I converted an AVI file to an MPEG file. It has a .MPG extension. It is under 2 MB. When I try to upload it I get the following message:

XUpload Error

Files with the extension ".MPG" are not permitted. Continue with the rest of the files?

Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Phil

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2006
    TXDrifter wrote:
    I converted an AVI file to an MPEG file. It has a .MPG extension. It is under 2 MB. When I try to upload it I get the following message:

XUpload Error

Files with the extension ".MPG" are not permitted. Continue with the rest of the files?

Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Phil

Try the Olde Faithful uploader for movies, it usually works the best...
  • TXDrifterTXDrifter Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited July 15, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Try the Olde Faithful uploader for movies, it usually works the best...

Right as usual Andy. thumb.gif

Thanks,
    Phil
  • bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2006
    TXDrifter wrote:

XUpload Error

Any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Phil

Phil how did you convert the file to MPEG. I have some video clips that I would like to upload but not sure what software, program, etc I need to use to convert them.

Thanks
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • TXDrifterTXDrifter Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited July 15, 2006
    bham wrote:
    Phil how did you convert the file to MPEG. I have some video clips that I would like to upload but not sure what software, program, etc I need to use to convert them.

Thanks

I downloaded the free version at http://fxmpegwriter.com/

It's a little slow, but worked fine and it's easy to use..