Options

Anyone having dxtrans.dll crashes?

NetgardenNetgarden Registered Users Posts: 829 Major grins
edited July 17, 2006 in Digital Darkroom
Everytime I am in my smugmug album it crashes eventually, even when not uploading photos. I don't have the problem on my PC. Is it a java problem? Windows says I need to download service pak2 to "possibly" solve the problem, and I won't do that. Started about 3 weeks ago? Only when on smugmug album.

I looked thru google and apparently it could be numerous things, including a media type error and/or java script error. I have not done anything else to the PC. ANY IDEAS? tHANKS for the help, its getting annoying, especially when trying to upload.

Comments

• Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 16, 2006
    Netgarden wrote:
    Everytime I am in my smugmug album it crashes eventually, even when not uploading photos. I don't have the problem on my PC. Is it a java problem? Windows says I need to download service pak2 to "possibly" solve the problem, and I won't do that. Started about 3 weeks ago? Only when on smugmug album.

I looked thru google and apparently it could be numerous things, including a media type error and/or java script error. I have not done anything else to the PC. ANY IDEAS? tHANKS for the help, its getting annoying, especially when trying to upload.
    i'm not sure the cause of your problem, but you really...REALLY should download service pack 2.
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited July 16, 2006
    bigwebguy wrote:
    i'm not sure the cause of your problem, but you really...REALLY should download service pack 2.
    Why?
    It's notorious for screwing up 4 year old PC's. I don't need it, I take excellent care of my PC, and have a perfect record after 5 years online. No formatting, no virus crashes.

maybe they;ve patched Pak2 enough now to be workable. But even if I did they said there is no guarantee that pak2 would fix it. So why do surgery? ;~)

This started just a few weeks ago when Smugmug changed their uploading options.

How in the world did this end up in Digital Darkroom> haha I swear I was in Smugmug help! ;~)ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2006
    Netgarden wrote:
    Why?
    It's notorious for screwing up 4 year old PC's. I don't need it, I take excellent care of my PC, and have a perfect record after 5 years online. No formatting, no virus crashes.

maybe they;ve patched Pak2 enough now to be workable. But even if I did they said there is no guarantee that pak2 would fix it. So why do surgery? ;~)

How in the world did this end up in Digital Darkroom> haha I swear I was in Smugmug help! ;~)ne_nau.gif
    Sooo what browser are you using, Linda? And version, please?
  • Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2006
    bigwebguy wrote:

15524779-Ti.gif Anyone that does not keep their operating system up to date is making a mistake.....no matter what the rationale.
  • Options
    bwgbwg Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,119 SmugMug Employee
    edited July 17, 2006
    Netgarden wrote:
    Why?

headscratch.gif

say there is a recall on your car because the airbags may fail in a crash. using your rationale you would not perform the recall because you are a good driver and have never been in an accident?
    Pedal faster
  • Options
    edited July 17, 2006
    bigwebguy wrote:
    headscratch.gif

say there is a recall on your car because the airbags may fail in a crash. using your rationale you would not perform the recall because you are a good driver and have never been in an accident?
    rolleyes1.gif I understand where you are coming from, but from what I read online it's not rescued by service pak 2 and thats a usual runaround of Microsoft. What that really means is "we have no clue nor do not want to tell you, so just in case, try downloading pak2. lol In which case I'm not willing or able to spend hours searching for fixes for Windows screw ups and patches...thumb.gif I don't fix things that aren't broken, thats a man thing lolol...rolleyes1.gif

And no, would fix recalls on airbags, good point, but then those who have neck injuries can die from airbags, and I have a neck injury, so should I fix them if they can make my dangers worse? ;~) Thats really a legitimate question for me these days and I have wondered....seriously!:D Ironic you mentioned thatrolleyes1.gif

Browser, IE, Andy. I understand others are recommended to be more compatible. Is that true here?
    Sorry forgot the version. Its 6.0.28---