Hello all, i am new at this so take a look tell me what you think?

RashobozRashoboz Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited July 20, 2006 in People
I would like to introduce my self but i am kind of word shy so as the sayng goes one picture = thousant words...
I would like to state that this is all my private work and not pictures of my self. thank you all and i would realy apreciate comments! :):

Comments

• RashobozRashoboz Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited July 16, 2006
    Here is some more...
    mwink.gif
    edited July 16, 2006
    And some more...
    mwink.gif
    edited July 16, 2006
    So on...
    mwink.gif
    edited July 16, 2006
    And on...
    mwink.gif
    edited July 16, 2006
    Thats it for now.
    I would realy realy realy apreciate any coments and toughts of my work. thumb.gif
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited July 16, 2006
    hello rashoboz-

welcome to the forum-

hope you like it here-

don't worry, you'll get plenty of c&c (comments and critiques) when you ask-

but first, can you tell us what camera and lens you're using and are you using any post processing software-

and what are you doing to get bw photos-

best
    george
  • OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2006
    She looks a bit stoned in #3, #4 and your dog picture is very out of focus.

You should crop, add contrast and put more consideration into your background.

Welcome to DGrin! thumb.gif
  • Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2006
    yes, welcome Rashoboz. Pretty subject and, IMO, she photographed best in #2. Nice relaxed look.

Hope you'll continue to post.

cheers,

Colleen
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • BakatBakat Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2006
    Welcome to D-Grin! When I first started photographing people (I grew up with a nature photographer Father) there were some things that I was told to always think about...

1) Pictures should tell a story, what is the story of the picture you are taking?
    2) If it's just meant to be a portrait with no story, then the picture is ALL about the subject and you need to be careful not to have anything in the shot that is distracting (busy clothing, backgrounds etc...)
    3) Portraits are all about the eyes, if the eyes are in focus and looking good other small flaws in a photograph can be forgiven.
    4) If it's Out Of Focus (OOF) delete it.

There are a lot of great portraits here on D-Grin but I suggest you go thru the histories and look for work by Yuri. I study everything about his shots and I can come back and look at his work that I looked months ago and learn something every time.

Here's a link to a recent Yuri post...
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=37659&highlight=yuri

If you prefer a grittier more real world feel (Yuri's subjects are almost too gorgeous) try this guy, I really like his work http://www.digital-photo.com.au/
    Here's a link to one of his recent posts... http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=38371

Again welcome to D-Grin! I have learned more here than I have in hours of photography classes.

Kat
    "Photography is not a sport. It has no rules"
    Bill Brandt
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2006
    wave.gif Hi Rashoboz, you have a lovely model.

Some of her expressions are very nice. You might consider a couple of things.

Try shooting her with the camera in portrait mode (the long side going up and down, not sideways.)

And these shots look a little murky, dark. You might try brightening them up a bit.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
    edited July 18, 2006
    I tryed to post this the other night...
    but for some reason the page got stuck and it was allready to late for me so i gawe up so here it goes, my post delayed...

I hawe a Canon EOS 350D with it's stock lens, up until few days ago i didnt even hawe a proper CF card, had some 32MB CF i took out of a network printer that came to service where i work at, hehehe, one has to get by somehow, but i got me a 1GB card now, the prices droped so it was afordable. I did not use any image post procesing on any of the photos, i just resized them so i could upload, and to get B&W i just set my camera to B&W in manual mode and thats it, i am just geting in to post processing part of digital photography, as far as my knowledge of photography and profesional term's go i get by and try to learn something new ewery day.

P.S
    The girl in the picture is not stoned in any of them and they where all shot in sequence, in fact they where all shot in my room while we where lying on the bed, there was no special setup of background or anything like that, just me loving my GF and messing with the camera. iloveyou.gif
    edited July 18, 2006
    I am learning...
    all of my photos are instinct based so far, many of them are with AF on, i am still geting the fell of my camera and its possibilities.:):

Thank you for a warm welcome!
  • vangoghvangogh Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2006
    Rashoboz wrote:
    mwink.gif
    Welcome to DGrin. thumb.gif I would be careful with a pose like this (number 3 with neck turned). It isn't particularly flattering for her, as it makes her neck look really fat, as though she has doubles chins.
    Nicola
    Iconic Creative
    http://iconiccreative.smugmug.com

"To be creative means the ability to remain thirsty and to want more, never be content...you keep on seeing, discovering and understanding the joy of creativity"
    Raghu Rai
  • retroretro Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2006
    Zdravo Rashoboz! Dobrodošao! Welcome! I know a few words in your languge since I was once married to a woman from Sarajevo..:uhoh
    Bosnia is such a beautiful place would love to go there again and probably will soon to shot some landscapes.
    edited July 19, 2006
    I hawe been working and learning...
    I'm just starting to work on my pictures, i got me a beautiful and easy to use piece of software called bibble pro, and this program does wonders, its simply incredible, up until now i had a wision of one needing to be a graphical designer and a photoshop professional in order to post proces one's images, i took some of the advices from here and aplied them on my images, simply wonderfull! i got a "Clear picture" hehehe. at the moment im going through some of my older pictures and giving them a makeup so to call... i am on vacation and trully enjoying it. i went out last night with the camera and a clear intention to take some shots around town... didnt even take out the camera, i gues i am one of those people who must not plan! let me not further bore you all, enjoy!:):thumb.gif

P.S
    Retro,
    Hvala na dobrodoslici! Uvijek si dobrodosao u Sarajevo, kao i svi!
  • ScottMcLeodScottMcLeod Registered Users Posts: 753 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2006
    Bakat wrote:
    1) Pictures should tell a story, what is the story of the picture you are taking?
    2) If it's just meant to be a portrait with no story, then the picture is ALL about the subject and you need to be careful not to have anything in the shot that is distracting (busy clothing, backgrounds etc...)
    3) Portraits are all about the eyes, if the eyes are in focus and looking good other small flaws in a photograph can be forgiven.
    4) If it's Out Of Focus (OOF) delete it.

... "Photography is not a sport. It has no rules"

Sorry, just found it a little... ironic?
    - Scott
    http://framebyframe.ca
    [Bodies] Canon EOS 20D - Canon EOS 500
    [Lenses] Sigma APO 70-200 f/2.8 - Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 - Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 - Tamron XR Di 28-75mm f/2.8 - Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
    [Flash] Sigma EF500 Super DG Flash
    [Tripod]
    Manfrotto 055 Pro Black
    [Head] 484RC2, 200RC2
  • vangoghvangogh Registered Users Posts: 353 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2006
    Rashoboz wrote:
    i went out last night with the camera and a clear intention to take some shots around town... didnt even take out the camera, i gues i am one of those people who must not plan! let me not further bore you all, enjoy!:):thumb.gif/quote]

Hi, you might want to try entering a challenge as these are very good for giving you something to work to. They get your brain thinking about a specific topic & then you're much more focused when you go out to take pictures. they also help improve your photography.
    Nicola
    Iconic Creative
    http://iconiccreative.smugmug.com

"To be creative means the ability to remain thirsty and to want more, never be content...you keep on seeing, discovering and understanding the joy of creativity"
    Raghu Rai