new editing tech

stephcha@nmsu.edustephcha@nmsu.edu Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
edited July 20, 2006 in People
lemme know what you think..... it is my buddy shawn... he hates getting his pics taken...

Comments

• stephcha@nmsu.edustephcha@nmsu.edu Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited July 17, 2006
    lemme know what you think..... it is my buddy shawn... he hates getting his pics taken...

i guess it that bad....
  • emaburnsemaburns Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited July 17, 2006
    no, actually i like it. it's a very telling expression and it made me smile. good job. and am i way off base or does your friend sort of look like a famous "pirates star" ? maybe it's just the facial hair... ANYWAYS dont be disheartened, sometimes people dont comment because they just dont have anything to say besides "good job" which doesn't really help the photographer much.
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2006
    i'd like to see this picture without the border, which looks inappropriate to me. a bigger version of it would help too. then i will be able to better tell you what i think. :):
  • BakatBakat Registered Users Posts: 155 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2006
    I agree I need a bigger pic to really comment.
    Kat
    "Photography is not a sport. It has no rules"
    Bill Brandt
  • stephcha@nmsu.edustephcha@nmsu.edu Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited July 19, 2006
    Bakat wrote:
    I agree I need a bigger pic to really comment.
    Kat

i have tried to resize but have not been able to increase the size any bigger than is posted. Sorry
  • illuminati919illuminati919 Registered Users Posts: 713 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2006
    Well I definitely like the photo and the way you capture his position. Definitely looks like he doesn't want you taking his photos and thats a great thing because it gives alot of expression. Although I might add there might be a tad bit to much contrast, try toning it down and light up his face a little more. And I would put a simple white border around it as well.
    ~~~www.markoknezevic.com~~~

Setup: One camera, one lens, and one roll of film.
  • judahjudah Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2006
    Like it a lot. The frame is just perfect in my opinion. Great facial expression, great B/W, nice lights and shadows. Face dead center would have been awful. I'm a newbie. Yes. :):
    Amazing grace! How sweet the sound
    That saved a wretch like me!
    I once was lost, but now am found;
    Was blind, but now I see.

http://judah.smugmug.com/