Lord Stanley's Cup

Mr. 2H2OMr. 2H2O Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
edited July 17, 2006 in Holy Macro
For those hockey fans out there I had a chance to see the cup. One of the players for the Stanley Cup Champion Carolina Hurricanes goes to my church and he and his wife generously allowed the congregation to see them and it up close for a couple hours.

The lighting was really tough for my little sensor and even though I have a lightning fast lens, I had to stop it down a little to get some DOF so I could capture the action around the cup and not just the trophy itself. This pic is the best one I could get - I cut it out and laid it on a black background. We're all giddy with excitement around central North Carolina these days because our boys came through.

(Its also my first attempt at linking on my website so if it doesn't come through, I'll need a little time to figure out what to modify to get the image to show up)

Mike
Olympus E-30
IR Modified Sony F717
http://2H2OPhoto.smugmug.com

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2006
    Mr. 2H2O wrote:
    For those hockey fans out there I had a chance to see the cup. One of the players for the Stanley Cup Champion Carolina Hurricanes goes to my church and he and his wife generously allowed the congregation to see them and it up close for a couple hours.

The lighting was really tough for my little sensor and even though I have a lightning fast lens, I had to stop it down a little to get some DOF so I could capture the action around the cup and not just the trophy itself. This pic is the best one I could get - I cut it out and laid it on a black background. We're all giddy with excitement around central North Carolina these days because our boys came through.

(Its also my first attempt at linking on my website so if it doesn't come through, I'll need a little time to figure out what to modify to get the image to show up)

Mike

How wonderful for you Mike that you were able to be given the privilage of seeing the trophy up close. thumb.gif

The flash reflection on the trophy is something you probably couldnt do much about..... but heck you got to see it up close, and you took the photo and that's all that counts yeahhhhh for you clap.gif Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • dkoyanagidkoyanagi Registered Users Posts: 656 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2006
    Lucky you! And congrats to the Canes on a great win.

Too bad about the glare from the flash. At least you captured the dents in the trophy. That's the great thing about the Stanley Cup: instead of sitting in some team owner's trophy case, this trophy has been used and abused by players for over a century. It simply adds to its character. It also seems fitting that the championship trophy is as battered as the players that fight for it. Thanks for sharing.