Prelude to a Memory

AfterImageAfterImage Registered Users Posts: 113 Major grins
edited July 17, 2006 in People
I caught this at a small neighborhood zoo. It struck me as a moment leading up to a a memory that may stay with those child for a lifetime.
What is not framed is an open air Bald Eagle habitat surrounded by a Koi pond/moat. The Eagles learned that sometimes the fish kibble landed on their shores and would walk up pretty close to edge. The children were very excited and wanted to "feed the birdies"....

Prelude to a Memory:
memoryprelude.jpg
I learned your love for life,
I feel your presence...
I remember

SLAMA Photography

Comments

• StustaffStustaff Registered Users Posts: 680 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2006
    Nice thought and idea, just think it suffers because you cant see their faces!
    Trapped in my bedroom taking pictures...did i say bedroom? i meant studio!

My www. place is www.belperphoto.co.uk
    My smugmug galleries at http://stuarthill.smugmug.com
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2006
    A nice family moment. I agree, it would be nice to see some fces.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • AfterImageAfterImage Registered Users Posts: 113 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2006
    One thing about photography, especially true about candids... sometimes you take what you can get. :): Imprefection in a photograph sometimes lends to an authentic feel... Just not in this case. Smiling faces on the children and the loving looks of the grandparents would have been an awesome capture but it was just not ment to be.

I tried to move around to get a shot of them feeding the fish/birds but they were so small the shot would have been 80% fence. {shrug}

Thanks for the nice comments :):
    I learned your love for life,
    I feel your presence...
    I remember

SLAMA Photography
  • NanditaNandita Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited July 17, 2006
    If you cropped it (especially on the left), you might enhance the tight-knit, family closeness that you've captured.

I personally like that you can't see their faces but you see the anticipation and concentration in their body language.

:photo
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,703 moderator
    edited July 17, 2006
    Apparently you need to know that the machine is a bird feed dispenser, not a bubble gum machine or a handfull of peanuts.

I did not understand that the children were purchasing bird food from this image, but from your text.

Then, and only then, the picture made sense to me.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin