Would you use this picture for an album? too dark I guess :(

B://B:// Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
edited July 20, 2006 in Holy Macro
I was shooting some band's pictures for their album, and everything was doing fine, until I get to this one, that I thought it was good, but too dark for their taste, you know, a pop rock band, that sings about love and that stuf, hahahaha, I think I need to stop listening to gore bands to avoid comparisons, anyway, let me know what you thing, plus, do you like the picture? I did some layers work in PS. Have a nice day and thank you for seeing my thread. :D

IMG_8167-EDIT (resized perfectly).jpg

Byron M.
"... anger, frustration, deception, loneliness are its meal... don't feed him" - Donatto on Zeoneth

Comments

• DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2006
    I don't know Byron, I really love the shot and they might too. I would show them all your best shots and let them determine what they want to include. You might be surprised what they like!
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2006
    B:// wrote:
    I was shooting some band's pictures for their album, and everything was doing fine, until I get to this one, that I thought it was good, but too dark for their taste, you know, a pop rock band, that sings about love and that stuf, hahahaha, I think I need to stop listening to gore bands to avoid comparisons, anyway, let me know what you thing, plus, do you like the picture? I did some layers work in PS. Have a nice day and thank you for seeing my thread. :D

Byron M.

I like the picture thumb.gif I have no idea when it comes to doing PRO Work, maybe someone who's done that before could help you out with some tips about presenting images for Publication...... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • DalantechDalantech Registered Users Posts: 1,519 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2006
    I like it as well -I think the shallow depth of field and the dark background help to isolate the subject :):
    My SmugMug Gallery

Looking for tips on macro photography? Check out my Blog: No Cropping Zone.
  • B://B:// Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2006
    Thank you all for letting me know what you think about it.

DJ-S1: Thank you, I think your technique is pretty good, and you're right, I should show them all to know what they think, they might like this one, because I think it´s a pretty good one, I like it.

Skippy: The thing is that this is not a PRO work, but thank you for making me feel PRO, hahaha rolleyes1.gif, even though I´m not charging them anything, this is a complete free project from me to them, maybe I should charge a little bit, hahaha, I love photography, it's the love for art what moves me :D

Dalantech: Isolation was not at that time my point, and that's pretty much the problem, I made it in a certain way too depressive, and they're not
    Portishead nor Radiohead, hahahaha, that sounded so funny, and thanks for your comment, it made a lot of sense with my composition for the photograph, I think it was a unconscious thought of mine, hehehe.

Thank you all, you helped me a lot, the conclusion is: use it, don't be affraid of showing your work :D

Byron M.
    "... anger, frustration, deception, loneliness are its meal... don't feed him" - Donatto on Zeoneth
  • USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2006
    Might try to use this shot on a brighter background.
    I like the shot

Fred
  • ScottMcLeodScottMcLeod Registered Users Posts: 753 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2006
    I love the shot. The colours are stunning, and so what if it's low-key? What's their style? Have you talked to the layout designer that's going to be laying text onto it? Who knows, they might love it.
    - Scott
    http://framebyframe.ca
    [Bodies] Canon EOS 20D - Canon EOS 500
    [Lenses] Sigma APO 70-200 f/2.8 - Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 - Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 - Tamron XR Di 28-75mm f/2.8 - Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
    [Flash] Sigma EF500 Super DG Flash
    [Tripod]
    Manfrotto 055 Pro Black
    [Head] 484RC2, 200RC2
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2006
    eek7.gif
    they dont like this
    may be they want whole band in picture headscratch.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • retroretro Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2006
    eek7.gif
    they dont like this

lol, you heard what Awais said, don't use it, don't even show it to them rolleyes1.gif
    edited July 19, 2006
    retro wrote:
    lol, you heard what Awais said, don't use it, don't even show it to them rolleyes1.gif

Actually i was amazed that dont like this picture although it is great picture and will shine on album title

ne_nau.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • retroretro Registered Users Posts: 303 Major grins
    edited July 19, 2006
    sorry, i misunderstood you Awais 1drink.gif:):
    edited July 20, 2006
    retro wrote:
    sorry, i misunderstood you Awais 1drink.gif:):

No need to be Sorry :D

My Gallery
  • B://B:// Registered Users Posts: 274 Major grins
    edited July 20, 2006
    You know what's the funny thing about all this? that they're not using it rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif

I saw their web page, and they didn't upload my photos, they uploaded theirs, hahahaha, but I don't blame them, I'm pretty fu@#ed up, so my mind conceptualizes things differently, and I like dark things, not happy and lovely things, anyway, thanks for everything, we might be working in a future not so far away, until then, I need to improve my skills, again, thank you very much for everything :D

Byron M.