yup B/W sans filters

SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
edited July 18, 2006 in People
sidyfisu h

Comments

• rjpatrjpat Registered Users Posts: 248 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2006
    Really nice set of protraits, I really like you bw conversions.
    Ron

We never know how something we say, do, or think today, will effect the lives of millions tomorrow....BJ Palmer
  • binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2006
    i dont find these pictures very appealing. the 5th picture is out of focus, sharpening it cant help it. the only one that i think has some potential is the last one, which could use more contrast. i'm sorry for being negative, but it's how we improve. if you want me to go into detail about what i don't like about each picture, i can.
  • ScarhartScarhart Registered Users Posts: 52 Big grins
    edited July 17, 2006
    There's a ... harshness about the figures that I find disquieting. Perhaps that was the intent. From a composition standpoint, the last is best because it's in focus and doesn't cut off portions of the face. Interesting set.
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited July 18, 2006
    thanks for replies
    yes unfortunately my friend was out of focus

this is my first foray into b/w
    im keeping them in rgb till ive edited them desaturated
    and tweaked
    levels and used selective color to garnish the contrast

id love some b/w editing tips

heres my earlier[last week]rolleyes1.gif style
    30a78184.jpg
  • SpeshulEdSpeshulEd Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2006
    are the b&w's from the original pictures or are they just b&w's from the pictures that you already added the effects to?

I ask this because some of the pictures have weird patterns in the hair, or around the face. Some of the edges bleed and some of the skin tones are almost blotchy instead of being a tight, crisp focus that you'd normally see.

I don't mind your original style. I think its very creative and works well with a lot of the subjects that I've seen pictures of. However, I think just about every picture I've seen of yours has had that same style. To me, reusing the same photoshop techniques over and over again on every picture, kind of dulls the coolness/edgy factor of the technique.

It is your style, and if you like it, than hey, go for it. Make it work for you. But I think a lot of your photos would be edgy enough without the extra photoshopping.
    bored? check out my photo site...and if you have the time, leave a comment or rate some pictures while you're there.
    Canon 20D | Canon 17-40mm f/4L USM | Tamron 28-75 f2.8 XR Di LD IF | Canon 50mm f/1.8 II | Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM